Millionaire Mommy Next Door

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martha ,
It may be time to use your whip !

Well, I gave a few cracks of the whip but people aren't paying too much attention!

Come on, let's give the poor woman a chance. She is keeping her cool and answers to the point. And she isn't the one who keeps bringing up her blog, that is everyone else. So discussions of her blog are hardly off base.

SecondCor521, One more time - I did exactly what they wanted me to do - including linking to their homepage, not the press release page. They saw that I posted their PR and emailed me with a thank you and offered to send me a book for review. As book publishers, THEY benefit by doing this, because it gets the word out about their new book. I get this request from authors and writers ALL THE TIME. I did NOTHING inappropriate.

Whew. I appreciate your apology. Let's kiss and make up and move on, okay?

What is it, specifically, about my very brief participation here on this forum that has some of you so riled up? Never in my life have I experienced such a gang-up.

You've done nothing wrong. Some residents here are trigger-happy, and they tend to herd together when somebody doesn't pass their sniff test. They're protecting themselves from any possible exploitation. (Please ignore the fact that this site is supported by ad revenue).

Sniff-test triggers include being polished and self-confident. Oh, and having a blog.

Personally, I'm happy to hear a new voice. This place can sometimes get a little inbred, if you know what I mean. :)

What is it, specifically, about my very brief participation here on this forum that has some of you so riled up? Never in my life have I experienced such a gang-up.

Is there something I can do to ease this mistrust? Is it possible to move on to constructive conversation here?

I tried to articulate my answer to your first question on your "Hi I am thread", so I won't repeat that here.

I will say publicly that based on your initial posts and their similarity to some other posters who have come and gone, I didn't expect you to stay. I also didn't expect you to follow up on my board posts with a private email. The fact that you have done both of those gives you a lot of "street cred" in my book.

I think if you stick around and continue to read and post, we can learn a lot from each other. I know I've learned a lot from you today...not about personal finance, but a more valuable lesson about people.

2Cor521

P.S. -- Welcome to the board. :D

Ahhh, on that note, I'm off to get a massage. After today's experience, I need one! Thanks for the welcome - better late than never as they say!

Hmm. Could it be that some of the more established forum members feel a little threatened by a smart woman?

I don't think so Meadbh. They aren't threatened by us. ;) It just looks like a bunch of frustration and irritability is coming out today.

Hmm. Could it be that some of the more established forum members feel a little threatened by a smart woman?

Not me. I married one.

She just told me she's smart, and that I'm not threatened by it. In fact, I'm told I like it a lot.

;)

How did the whole gender thing start anyways?

No idea - but I've held my opinion based on my own observation(beware the opinion of one) that women make better investors than men.

Hence my oft repeated - hormones! razz. I don't have any studies handy to reference but men chase alpha(among other things) too readily - which perhaps is not a bad thing provided one compensates for it - as it were:

balanced index PLUS 'a few good stocks'.

heh heh heh - one good stock and here comes that villa in the Bahamas. Still have a few Jimmy Buffet shirts! He's coming to Jazz Fest BTW.

No idea - but I've held my opinion based on my own observation(beware the opinion of one) that women make better investors than men.
Okay, I don't have the cite off the top of my head, I'll have to dig around for it, but the studies I recall show that, YES, women ARE better overall investors than men. . . and the entire difference can be attributed to the fact that women overall trade less often than men, hence lower transaction costs, taxes, and 'buy-high-sell-low' hot-money chasing.

Nope, she told me exactly what to say, then she checked my spelling.

If you have any other dissent, you'll need to take that up with her. I'd let it go.

Wimp. I chek my own speling!!!

:2funny:

(DW and I have very similar jobs. She is a most intelligent woman!)

Cute Fuzzy Bunny, I love your name. We got a new house bunny a couple of weeks ago and she doesn't have a name, I keep calling her Cute Fuzzy Bunny or Little Bunny Foo Foo.
Ask your wife if I can tell you that your name is as cute as a little gray bunny.

Some may be, I am not. I'll wait and see some more posts before I make my decision..........;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom