Money Isn't Everything

Thanks astromeria. You're absolutely correct.

jdw_file: You are absolutely correct too.

My bad, my bad, my bad...

Sam

ReadyToGo said:
Thanks for reviewing my situation. I guess I'm not quite there yet, but I'll keep chipping away at it. Nothing would be worse than to RE and have to find a job at 60 years old, because your out of money.

I think I'll go ahead with the house sale and invest the proceeds. This will help me get where I need to be before I ER. I guess 1.2mm is really the right number, if I consider everything. I should be able to get there in the next 5 years if I achieve 8% return and continue adding 15k per year.

Its great to have those who have been there, and are unbiased critique your plan.

Thanks,
ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo,

In light of recent development (thanks to jdw_file), you should reconsider.  If your numbers are indeed like the ones used by jdw_file, you are all set to go.

Sam

Thanks, jdw, astromeria & sam for taking the time to discuss my situation. I was beginning to think that I had really screwed up the numbers I entered into firecalc. I have surfed quite a few websites containing retirement calculators and fireseeker is by far the best. If it works out 100% over the full history of the stockmarket, depression included, then what more could you ask for? Well, maybe the added bonus of a great board complete with advise from those that have traveled down the same road. Sounds funny, but I feel less stressed just knowing that I can leave at any time. I am currently looking at changing my profession to something less stressful and continuing to work until one of my kids get out of college, which should be no more than a couple of years.

I don't want to have 1 foot in the grave before I have lived a little bit.

Thanks again,
ReadyToGo

Back
Top Bottom