Join Early Retirement Today

Navy with Crohns disease
Old 10-01-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

Navy with Crohns disease

Hi my name is Kevin and im an e-4 in the navy. I have about 2 years of service completed and am currently finishing up my nuclear operator qualifications. I was recently diagnosed with Crohns disease but not really told by the navy what they are planning to do with me. Medical retirement is kinda what im expecting. Does anyone out there know of a similar situation that could help me kinda pre-plan for the future? Also, i have already had to a have a couple of procedures to take care of SOME symptoms.
Simm66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2009, 05:33 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Simm66, sorry to hear about your medical problem. Search engines often lead military folks facing medical retirement to this site. One of our members who retired from the Navy put together this information to address some of your questions. Hope that it helps: http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...ent-38338.html
Old 10-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Some helpful links

PEB

DES

http://doni.daps.dla.mil/Directives/...rt/1850.4E.pdf

These should make it less muddy than it is currently!

Wishing you the best!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #4
Confused about dryer sheets

Sorry to hear about your perdiament. I my self am in the process of a MEB (Medical Evaluation Bord as Well) I have a nerve disorder after 12 years in the service. Ugh... so close to retirement, oh well time for new plans... I'll forward some stuff; I've found; anything you happen to come accross in your searches would be grately appreciated.
Newtothis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
medical, medical retirement