New here.

Eileen

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hi all....
I am trying to decide whether or not to retire from education in CA soon- I would say the maximum I will work is till age 63. Thinking of letting go of it sooner but am just starting to 'explore the possibilities.'
I'm now 61. So 'early' retirement isn't all that early. So, in short, I'll either retire in 2 years ... or sooner.:)
Looking forward to learning by looking around the site.
Thanks,
E.

Welcome. Lots of good advice here as well as archived threads on just about any topic, some even related to retirement.

Considering the changes that have occurred since you started your career, especially in California, I can't understand why you would not run screaming from the building as soon as you can find the door. That's especially true if you are in the classroom.

Welcome Eileen,

Lots of interesting discussion on here. Some of it might actually help you. Good luck. Bottom line: you need to know what your expenses are. Obviously your income too. Good luck and once again, welcome.

Welcome Eileen - I've found this to be a great group to find answers / helpful experiences. A lot can be gained from reading a lot of other peoples prior posts. Will help formulate your specific questions in ways most useful to you. And take people's suggestions to run Firecalc a bit on your situation. Can really help frame if you are in pretty good position to retire....and it's easy to run and understand.

Welcome Eileen - you can learn a whole lot from folks here!

Welcome !! You have found a great place for information.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Thank you very much.
I think it is a good time to have found the forum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom