New member and a question

Thanks for the update, I always enjoy seeing how people progress.

Sidestep: I keep seeing Colorado pop up as a place that has alot of positive things about it, on this forum and others. Is there indeed anything special there or am I just seeing things?

You're just seeing things. It's terrible here, as you can see from my avatar.

Last edited:
I feel very poor! Lol I really believe most that have rea and followed your thread would retire today with your funds. You have a plan so that is good and hope you get that 2M house. If you can't retire no one can. LOL

6 months update.

(1.48 Prim Residence + 2.2 Rental(Per zillow number) + 2.19 taxable account + 2.12 tax advantaged account) = 1.48 Prim + 6.51 investable asset
thanks to Trump Rally. Don't know if it can hold.
DS going to his favorite ivy coming fall.
Everything as planned, including my age. I can't believe I can't say I'm in 40s.

i just saw ur thread ,this is the first one i saw and i scrolled back to ur original post, i like the updates, i am happy things are going well, i look forward to ur next update, continued success.

Six months passed by. Time for another update.
(1.60 Prim Residence + 2.35 Rental(Per zillow number) + 2.35 taxable account + 2.30 tax advantaged account) = 1.60 Prim + 7.0 investable asset
thanks to continued [MOD EDIT] stock market rally. I kept wondering how long can it last?
A lot of spending planned next year, house renovation, new car, travel, and of course DS tuition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Six months passed by. Time for another update.
(1.60 Prim Residence + 2.35 Rental(Per zillow number) + 2.35 taxable account + 2.30 tax advantaged account) = 1.60 Prim + 7.0 investable asset
thanks to continued [MOD EDIT] stock market rally. I kept wondering how long can it last?
A lot of spending planned next year, house renovation, new car, travel, and of course DS tuition.

Love reading all your updates. Why wait? Life is short. Just got home from Texas where I was fortunate enough to have the time to spend 2 months with my dad. He has pancreatic cancer. If I had not been FIRED...I could not have had that time. Follow your dreams now. You have the funds.

Good Luck with any decisions you will be making and thanks for the updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love reading all your updates. Why wait? Life is short. Just got home from Texas where I was fortunate enough to have the time to spend 2 months with my dad. He has pancreatic cancer. If I had not been FIRED...I could not have had that time. Follow your dreams now. You have the funds.

Good Luck with any decisions you will be making and thanks for the updates.

Thanks for the encouragement, and wish your Dad well.

I am conservative by nature. The funds I have are all before taxes are considered. Lots capital gain in investment property and after tax account.
Investment property income net about 80K before tax. And the next 4 years
will be my biggest spending years so far.(house reno, DS college, car replacement, etc). My fixed income investment return can not cover those expenses. After that, 2021 or 2022 time frame, I will have a much better idea where I am financially.

Back
Top Bottom