New member checking in

Green Papaya

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello everyone,
I have been lurking here for a while but never posted. There is a tremendous amount of good retirement info on this site. I think it's time to introduce myself.
DW and I are both 61. We retired at the end of last year after long careers at megacorps. Three kids, two already working, and the third is in final year of dental school. We are the only people among our circle of friends who have retired.
Most of our NW are in tax-deferred accounts so there will be some Roth conversion until RMD. Before Medicare kicks in at 65, we are buying health insurance under ACA. We are still fairly aggressive with our AA, currently 80 equities /15 bonds /5 cash. Insignificant amount of pension. Our target WR is about 3%, including health insurance and taxes. FIRE calc says we are good to go.
We spend more time on exercises, cooking, and reading. To date we are on track with our FIRE budget, except for the travel part. Hopefully we can combine this year travel portion with next year travel portion to blow some dough when it's safe to travel again. Until then we hope everyone stay safe.:greetings10:
GP

Hello everyone,
I have been lurking here for a while but never posted. There is a tremendous amount of good retirement info on this site. I think it's time to introduce myself.
DW and I are both 61. We retired at the end of last year after long careers at megacorps. Three kids, two already working, and the third is in final year of dental school. We are the only people among our circle of friends who have retired.
Most of our NW are in tax-deferred accounts so there will be some Roth conversion until RMD. Before Medicare kicks in at 65, we are buying health insurance under ACA. We are still fairly aggressive with our AA, currently 80 equities /15 bonds /5 cash. Insignificant amount of pension. Our target WR is about 3%, including health insurance and taxes. FIRE calc says we are good to go.
We spend more time on exercises, cooking, and reading. To date we are on track with our FIRE budget, except for the travel part. Hopefully we can combine this year travel portion with next year travel portion to blow some dough when it's safe to travel again. Until then we hope everyone stay safe.:greetings10:
GP

Hi there, Green Papaya! We're just up the road from you in Spring. We too are planning to spend some $ whenever we can safely travel. These days, we just go on day trips and hide from the heat & humidity the rest of the time. Stay safe yourself! :cool:

Welcome, Green Papaya, from a bit further up in TX. Sounds like you have done a great job with your ER. Many others here would likely benefit from your perspective and experience so we're glad you have joined into the posting realm. Stay safe!

Welcome! Always nice to have new members and get some new perspectives. Sounds like your years of work and planning are paying off nicely for you.

Back
Top Bottom