New Member from Michigan - Exploring the Early Retirement Possiblities

DougViages

Recycles dryer sheets
My wife and I are mid-50's professionals, and ready to step off the merry-go-round. We are financially ready, but trying to discover what we will DO in retirement. (After we travel the world for a couple of years). ;)

DougViages said:
trying to discover what we will DO in retirement. (After we travel the world for a couple of years). ;)

Take the trip first, then worry (or more likely, not worry) about what to do.

Best part is well doing whatever the heck you want

Only 16 more months for me (although I will probably work PT in a different field). I'm looking forward to a little down time - although I know I will be plenty busy rediscovering old hobbies and learning new ones! Please let us know how it goes....and congratulations!!!

Congrats ... and hope to bump into to you in an airport somewhere exotic...

Thanks for the responses. We are also probably going to work part time, after finishing with FT by December. We still have one problem "twenty-something" to get off into "gear" by then. We've been scratching our travel bug over the last eight years with a half dozen trips to Europe, and a visit to South America. We are concerned that if we wait much longer, our interest, energy level, and health will all deteriorate. We are currently in searching discussions about life after ER.

I just paid a visit to my old buddies at work. Nice seeing everyone but man........am I glad to be out of there. I've only been retired 5 weeks but I have no regrets. Played golf this morning, drinking a cold beer as I type this, life is good. :)

If you have a passion for something you enjoy doing(golf for me), I don't think you will have any problems adjusting to retirement. Just be sure you have something in mind to refocus your energy towards. Otherwise you may have a tougher time adjusting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom