New Member Here!

Bill V

Confused about dryer sheets
Joined today as I really need to learn more about retirement although I'm not quite ready yet. I am 65 years 8 months which allowed me to start Social Security bebefits without any income limitations. Recd my first check on February 14th. I've paid the maximum in FICA my whole life so the check is $2,117/month. I am a widower. Have worked in the truck trailer industry for almost 42 years in sales and sales management. Anybody remember Fruehauf Trailer? 28 years there before financial failure. Would like to work till age 69 or 70 and part time after that if health is okay. I receive a pension from the now defunct Fruehauf and max my 401K ($20,000) plus a nice company % match. Have some work to do to assure I meet my income goal and look forward to learning from this site. Bill-St Clair Shores, Mi

Welcome, Bill. It sounds like between SS, the pension, 401K, and possible part-time work that you will have a nice mix of income sources.

Welcome to the board, Bill.

Will your current retirement cash flow (from pension & SS) without the paycheck still meet your expenses? What's your interest in learning about retirement-- do you have any plans to stop working?

Welcome Bill it looks like you have worked very hard it's time to enjoy your life.

Bill I sent you a pesonal message.

Bill V said:
Anybody remember Fruehauf Trailer? 28 years there before financial failure.

Hi Bill, welcome! Yup, my dad used to work for Fruehauf (in Canada) as a welder during the early '80s until he got laid off.

Back
Top Bottom