New member today, from NW Fla.

Danijoh

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello everyone! I just discovered this forum today while researching "The world's longest yard sale, the 127 sale. I have wanted to go see this sale for several years now, and having just retired in Jan. this year I'm finally gonna go! I will be going south to north, from NW Fla. Has anyone done this sale before? The website says it starts on top of Lookout Mtn in Gadsden, AL. Well, Lookout Mtn is NOT in Gadsden, it's in extreme northern GA, right on the GA/TN border. Would love to chat with others who have gone to this sale in previous years & can give me some pointers. Thanks in advance!

Welcome aboard Danijoh and congrats. We'd love to have you add you info to the Class of 2011 thread (or give us your date retired and age at the time and we can do it for you).

Welcome , I have never been to that sale but I've always been curious about it . Please report back after your trip . Enjoy your retirement !

Most of it is in Tennessee. I have driven parts of 127 while it went on and its not exactly continuous, pretty cool though. Lots 'o junk...

Welcome aboard Danijoh. I know you'll love this forum. The 127 yard sale is something we always wanted to do and still may if conditions allow. I've seen the sale on TV a couple times and it looks like a ton of fun. Take a big van.

HGTV is Looking for Outgoing Yard Sale Shoppers attending the World’s Longest Yard Sale!

HGTV's Endless Yard Sale will be back filming this year's one-hour special and we're looking for fun, energetic shoppers ready to compete in the ultimate shopping showdown.
If you will be shopping 'til you drop between Chattanooga, TN, and Jamestown, KY, on August 4th-7th, 2011, and you have enough personality to share with the nation, e-mail us the details. We want to know your mission, who you will be shopping with, and what you love about the "World's Longest Yard Sale". Please include a photo of yourself.

We are casting NOW, so please don’t wait!!
You can send your email to: 127sale@gmail.com

HGTV is Looking for Outgoing Yard Sale Shoppers attending the World’s Longest Yard Sale!

HGTV's Endless Yard Sale will be back filming this year's one-hour special and we're looking for fun, energetic shoppers ready to compete in the ultimate shopping showdown.
If you will be shopping 'til you drop between Chattanooga, TN, and Jamestown, KY, on August 4th-7th, 2011, and you have enough personality to share with the nation, e-mail us the details. We want to know your mission, who you will be shopping with, and what you love about the "World's Longest Yard Sale". Please include a photo of yourself.​

We are casting NOW, so please don’t wait!!
You can send your email to: 127sale@gmail.com

This is perhaps the least appealing event I have ever heard of.

Ha

This is perhaps the least appealing event I have ever heard of.

Ha

I admit that this is a tough hurdle to beat, but having once been forced to watch a darts match for several hours I'll respectfully suggest that there are worse things in life .....:dead:

Back
Top Bottom