Que pasa?

mergeberger

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello, I'm mark in Texas. I'm a money nut. I like reading the Journal, listening to Marketplace and watching the NBR. All in one day! So lately, my focus has been on retirement portfolios. Mine ain't doin too hot, I think that's the general consensus. I am very curious how others are reacting to the latest crisis.

Welcome! By now you have probably roamed the different threads and you will see a mix of reactions.....seems the majority here are staying the course. Fire and Money has several discussions you might be interested in.

Now if I was just a bit handier with this silly computer stuff I would reference a couple of threads :rant: but I'm not. Someone will surely help you out though!

Hello,

welcome to the board. My view is that reacting to the current crisis could do more harm than good in the long term, so I am just turning off the TV and staying the course. I try to only worry about the things I can control (fees, commissions, taxes, asset allocation, etc...) and let Mr. Market do its thing.

My attitude is ignore the chatter (I don't even have a TV) and keep piling the cash into the market. Now if I was already retired, I'd be more nervous, of course, but I subscribe to the notion of cash buckets like many of our retirees here.

As I have all my income needs covered with a reasonable margin by distributions from securities, typically fluctuations in market behavior wouldn't hurt me. An extreme business or national failure could, and my own investment misjudgments could if I made enough bad choices.

Otherwise my risks are more from non-financial areas of life, somehwat similar to someone with a good pension.

Nevertheless, market distress can always make me question myself. I think it is just human nature.

Ha

My retirement accounts are going great! I'm getting 25% more stock for my money these days than I was this time last year.

Back
Top Bottom