Ready to check out at 57

Dave in VA

Dryer sheet aficionado
DW retired last summer, I'm still in the "one more year' mode, but think this will be the year.

Have about 1M in retirement accounts and about the same in taxable accounts.

Also have a 70K/yr pension from 28 year Navy career.

Appreciate any advice on:
- Tricare as primary medical plan/suggestions for supplements? (Currently have health ins through employer)
- How much less than 4% withdrawal if retiring before 65?
- Keeping engaged/active without work.

Welcome, Dave.

Appreciate any advice on:
- Tricare as primary medical plan/suggestions for supplements? (Currently have health ins through employer)
There are military retirees here, but they are not the majority. Use the search function on "Tricare", though, and you will find a number of threads and posts on the topic. For more focused advice, along with links to sites that will hit the bullseye in answering this question, try longtime poster Nords' blog site: Military Retirement & Financial Independence

- How much less than 4% withdrawal if retiring before 65?
Midpack recently used Firecalc to evaluate this, then started a thread on this topic: http://www.early-retirement.org/for...tes-age-and-probability-of-success-64401.html
- Keeping engaged/active without work.
Here on the FAQ page is a reading list (with a military twist). Early Retirement FAQs - Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community I can recommend Work Less, Live More

Welcome Dave and thank you for your service. You have done VERY well. Tricare Prime works great for DW and I. Older friends who have converted to Tricare For Life at 65 are also happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom