Retire early daydreamer!

xtradoe

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello, I was surfing the net about retiring early and found this forum, I hope to learn how to do just that, retire early!
I got lots of questions and hope to learn alot here!
see ya on the forums! ..... xtra

Welcome. Tell us about yourself and your plans. If you are still too new to have anything other than a dream, that is ok, ask, read, and learn.

Dream weaver .......

Welcome. Tell us about yourself and your plans. If you are still too new to have anything other than a dream, that is ok, ask, read, and learn.

Sandy,

First off Thanks for the welcome! I am not sure where "the plan" is suppose to go (what area on here) but I'll put it here.

Here is where I am at today:
I am single & in my early 40's, currently renting, $210K in my 401K, I mean 200K, nope just slipped to $195K (OUCH!)
I own 1/4 interest of a $100K condo we bought for our mother, I have approx. $40K in CD'S, $5K in a savings account,and I own two collector cars valued at about $30K.

I have no debt at all, pay off credit card balance monthly, am possibly looking at a job transfer (with my current co.) from so cal to the central valley ca area and at that point I will buy a home.

So that is where I am at, I feel I should have alot more money at my age? but I am sure there are lots of people who have a lot less too.

I would like to get the most out of the money I do have and make smart decisions with the new money I will get.

Please give any advice that may be helpfull!

Thank you, xtradoe

401k picks

Sandy,

First off Thanks for the welcome! I am not sure where "the plan" is suppose to go (what area on here) but I'll put it here.

Here is where I am at today:
I am single & in my early 40's, currently renting, $210K in my 401K, I mean 200K, nope just slipped to $195K (OUCH!)
I own 1/4 interest of a $100K condo we bought for our mother, I have approx. $40K in CD'S, $5K in a savings account,and I own two collector cars valued at about $30K.

I have no debt at all, pay off credit card balance monthly, am possibly looking at a job transfer (with my current co.) from so cal to the central valley ca area and at that point I will buy a home.

So that is where I am at, I feel I should have alot more money at my age? but I am sure there are lots of people who have a lot less too.

I would like to get the most out of the money I do have and make smart decisions with the new money I will get.

Please give any advice that may be helpfull!

Thank you, xtradoe

Any advice? here are my 401K choices (with symbols) anyone, anyone?:)

Dodge & Cox Balanced DODBX
American Funds Fundamental Investors RFNFX
Vanguard Institutional Index VINIX
American Funds Growth Fund of AmericaRGAFX
Vanguard Strat Eq VSEQX
Artisan ARTQX
Columbia Acorn Z ACRNX
American Beacon Small Cap Value AVFIX
Vanguard Small Cap Index VSCIX
Royce Value Plus Institutional RVPIX
American Funds New Perspective RNPFX
Fidelity Diversified International FDIVX

Thank you

At your age DODBX may be a bit stodgy depending on your risk tolerance, but it has an excellent track record as a balanced fund (65% stocks/35% bonds). You might want to include a slice of it in your allocation.

xtradoe,
what are your goals/dreams/aspirations for retirement...age, what ya wanna do, where, what'll it cost ya, etc? Looks like the classic cars might be for ER...but for which side? an investment to sell? or a great hobby, but one that may cost an arm and a leg?

Rambler

Back
Top Bottom