Retire early in Wyoming?

Life is terrible here. A paucity of Starbucks, malls -- and a poor selection of restaurants generally. And yes, an occasional puff of wind. A pathetic LCOL jurisdiction all around.

Please, stay away, don't come here. We like it that way.

Sorry I meant VLCOL, meaning a very low cost of living area. These areas are usually extremely small populated towns and the services provided or not provided is one aspect to research.

I wouldn't say to list other states, but more so there are many states which have sections of areas which are VLCOL. Not really a statewide reference.

I moved to Scottsdale AZ a few years ago and paid $46k for a 1BR. Plenty of services. Weather is hot AF but if you don't mind that, $$$ goes a lot further than more desirable places such as California.

Single adult male, mid thirties, hoping to retire early somewhere cheap in Wyoming, what do you think the minimum net worth should be? I know it probably varies depending on a lot of factors, but just curious to hear what you think anyway!

Getting back to the original post:

Montana is one of the really sparsely populated places. Cheyenne is the largest city in the state, and it's population is just 65K.

When I was young and single, I looked for places with more society and more things to do. Even though much of the state is beautiful, I would be bored there. And job potential may also be limited unless you're educated or have a very good trade in high demand.

Getting back to the original post:

[-]Montana[/-]Wyoming is one of the really sparsely populated places. Cheyenne is the largest city in the state, and it's population is just 65K.

When I was young and single, I looked for places with more society and more things to do. Even though much of the state is beautiful, I would be bored there. And job potential may also be limited unless you're educated or have a very good trade in high demand.

Fixed it for you.

Not that it matters, but has anyone noticed that the OP was here for two days and hasn't been back in over a month?

Not that it matters, but has anyone noticed that the OP was here for two days and hasn't been back in over a month?

Maybe got lost in Montana or Wyoming.....

Better to actually track what you spend, I use a phone app called Spending Tracker, it's free and allows me to input each time I spend money (it has categories and you can add your own).
I then transfer the amounts to a spreadsheet (to view and compare over the years).

Once you know how much you really spend, then you can know how much you need to have to retire.

Note: early retirement means needing to have more, as you have to pay for a longer time of not working.

I personally do not think 25k annually is realistic.

Since you are so young, I would like to see a minimum of $1,000,000 even with a 25k budget. It leaves a little wiggle room for SORR; and unexpected expenses. I would actually like to see the nest egg increase, at least intially, instead of a spend-down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom