Retired but still have plenty to contribute

DanielDar

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi

I retired 4 years ago.

Life is good but I still have a lot to contribute, I have a lot of knowledge and experience that I hope to share,

In investments, business real estate and more.

At the moment I'm mentoring in accelerator programs for start up companies but I want to do more.

I'm looking for channels in which I can contribute , also creating communities of people with mutual interest that want to build something together

Welcome!

I love the premise of this thread. Six years in, I'm finding that my old w*rk skills are becoming obsolete (tech field.) One volunteer activity I've been heavily involved in is winding down, and I've been thinking about other opportunities. It'll be interesting to hear what others have to say.

I resonate with that open-minded, positive outlook. People retire early for all sorts of reasons unique to them, which I respect and which makes it hard to generalize.

For myself, I planned and prepared for years to see if I could leave full time work in my 50s to have more free time. I left at 54 during the depths of the pandemic, and “at the height of my powers” earnings-wise in my career. Kinda nuts but I would not trade the last few years.

I quit, woke up the next day and thought, “Ok, how can I make some money more enjoyably? Whatever I get into must be location independent, time flexible, let me be my own boss, stimulating and a way to grow.” I listened to tons of podcasts and read about side hustles, and experimented with a few, like making various crafts and credit card points maximization. People are doing amazing things leveraging various digital platforms to reach large audiences at our fingertips.

I was also open to consulting in my old field and through good fortune, two opportunities came along between 6 months and 1 year later. Fortunately, I said “yes” and am embracing exactly the kind of rebuilt relationship to work and the flexible lifestyle I wanted, which is even starting to be lucrative. Thank you universe!

Good luck OP! My experience and suggestion is to stay positive, patient and inquisitive and be on the lookout for what tugs at you, then go in that direction until you either satisfy your interest or see more possibilities to take additional steps.

Back
Top Bottom