Retirees Have more Fun and Adventures!

enterretirement

Confused about dryer sheets
What a great site you have here! Call me Sam, Samuel, or whatever you can remember best. I've been called worse. I'm 5'8" and like to eat good home cooking from out west or East, up north or down south. If you see my profile you can tell. Just turned 60 and semi retired heading toward retirement. Thanks to all of you for the pleasure of joining your forum.

I live in the mountains ( High Country ) of North Carolina in a small place called West Jefferson. Look forward to being part of the gang here and reading lots of post. :D

Hi Sam!
Welcome from your southern neighbor, Sarah, who is also 5'8" and likes to eat, too (see my profile)! :) So, the loaded question--how do you like your barbecue?

My, but you are way out there in the mountains! Too cold for me, but I bet it is wonderful right now!

Enjoy the forum, lots of entertaining and valuable information here! Congrats on your semi-retirement---so whaddya going to do all day? :)
Sarah

Thanks Sarah, Yeah Beautiful Mountains

I love warm weather too Sarah. But once you dipped your lip in these pure mountain streams, it's hard to stay away long from this cool refreshing waters.

Actually I do writing, all kinds, as well as freelance. I actually say I'll retire, but being very active, that is in word only, if you know what I mean.

My wife Patricia and I have 4 children and 8 grandkids so much of our so called retirement will flow around them. Plus my writing keeps me busy and a dull moment has never entered my mind.

I like my BQ hot and spicey. Hot peppers and herbs/spices are part of my daily diet at least twice each day.

Thank you very much for your warm welcome and look forward to reading your threads.

Welcome Sam!

I'm 5'7" and enjoy fine food as well...of course I have to chase the fire ants off my plate from time to time. :D

I look forward to your contributions.....

Welcome Sam. Is West Jefferson just off the Blue Ridge Pkwy? I think I was planning to stay there on the way back from Florida last winter but the pkwy got fogged in near Asheville. Beautiful part of the country.

Back
Top Bottom