Retirement. Really, what does it mean?

TheRev

Confused about dryer sheets
I retired from being a salaried minister in 1994, but I do not consider myself as being retired from the ministry, or from life. I like to think of myself as being re-directed, not just retired. I prefer to wear out, not rust out. How about you?

Welcome to the board, Rev.

You might say that you're preaching to the choir!

Hello Rev, welcome to the forum.

If you've spent any time reading here you'll know some of us are wearing out, some of us are rusting out and at least a few here can be certified classified as way out. ;)

I deleted your duplicate post, hope you don't mind.

So, as the question goes, "Whaddya do all day?"

Hey Rev, check out the posting "Be-Do-Have" on other topics and tell me what you think.

Welcome,

yakers

In our case retirement means working for the kids, so to speak, and getting involved in community affairs.

REWahoo! said:
Hello Rev, welcome to the forum.
Thanks! And, thanks for deleting my duplicate. New forums take getting used to.
You ask
So, as the question goes, "Whaddya do all day?"
I am trying to learn how to write to such forums. My wife, Jean, and I are also involved helping to raise three grandchildren.

Also, we are volunteers with a registered charity, Family Life Foundation, and we are helping to start a new non-sectarian spiritually-oriented fellowship in Unionville, Markham, On. This fellowship has one doctrine: LOVE SELF AND OTHERS AS WE ALL NEED TO BE LOVED. Atheists, agnostics, and free thinkers, welcome.

Hi rev
I am still working so retiring is still the dream.
What your doing sounds great. Sounds like a blessing to me to be able to do something that so rewarding.
Rob

Back
Top Bottom