Sang, "Take this Job..." 3/23

limpid lizard

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello one and all. I'm 55, single, 600K in Fidelity and Vanguard, paid health care and only owe on the house. I'm quite healthy, only sneeze once in a while from hayfever, and active. I prefer my bike to the car, and monthly expenses are about $1500 if I go hog wild.

So, I quit. I spent the first month in China, and the last one recuperating and goofin' off. How I will spend the next ones is anybody's guess.

So, I am off on the big adventure without plan or care. Any tips?

Welcome aboard! Aint life grand? As long as you have enough to get by (and it sounds like you do), go ahead and please yourself!

No tips, but I want to say good on you for pulling the plug and getting onto the best part of your life. Keep us updated as to your activities.

Enjoy every sandwich. :D :D :D

-- that bit of good advice is credited to Warren Zevon.

Doesn't it annoy you that the radio stations only ever play Werewolves of London? As good as it is, I hope for the day when they will play Excitable Boy and Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner just as often. (Not to mention Lawyers, Guns and Money)

Doesn't it annoy you that the radio stations only ever play Werewolves of London? As good as it is, I hope for the day when they will play Excitable Boy and Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner just as often. (Not to mention Lawyers, Guns and Money)

The %^&* has hit the fan.

I wore my LA Gorilla T-shirt today. :)

It never ceases to amaze me that what I thought radical as a youth is now considered grocery store music.

I figure the first thing I need to do is take enough time to let the rat race b.s. drain out of me, and then after somewhat getting my head straight, figure out what I am going to do.

I have enough hobbies to keep myself busy for a long time, but I'm not sure busy it what I want. Is lusting after the simple life crazy?

I have enough hobbies to keep myself busy for a long time, but I'm not sure busy it what I want. Is lusting after the simple life crazy?

NO!!! It is wonderful to have many things you can enjoy doing when the urge strikes. Locking yourself into doing things is not my goal of retirement. If and when I want to do something... I do it. I prefer being unstructured and relaxing. Reading and soon fishing sounds just fine to me!

Back
Top Bottom