Selecting Medicare Options

+1

That describes the approach I took. I had to learn all about Medicare in the months leading up to turning 65 but I avoided having to 'unlearn' a bunch of stuff than changed in the past few years...

Good. I guess I can procrastinate until June, when I turn 64, without that being a big mistake.

Right now my main Medicare question is whether I can pay for Part B Medicare automatically somehow (automatic deduction from my bank account? automatic debit card payment?) until I claim SS, if I have not claimed it yet at 65.

If not, I'd rather claim SS than try to remember to write them a check on time every month. It's not that I can't, but I just don't want to.

Right now my main Medicare question is whether I can pay for Part B Medicare automatically somehow (automatic deduction from my bank account? automatic debit card payment?) until I claim SS, if I have not claimed it yet at 65.

And the answer is...

If I’m not on Social Security, how do I pay my Part B premium?

If you are receiving a monthly retirement or disability (Social Security) check, your Part B premiums will be deducted from your check. If you are not receiving Social Security, you have two options:
  • You can be billed once every three months. If you choose to mail in a check, be sure to send it registered mail/return receipt requested every time.

• Medicare Easy Pay: sign up for a monthly electronic fund transfer from your bank account.
Questions about Medicare

Good. I guess I can procrastinate until June, when I turn 64, without that being a big mistake.

If not, I'd rather claim SS than try to remember to write them a check on time every month. It's not that I can't, but I just don't want to.
I use a credit card to pay my and DW's quarterly Medicare Part B premiums. I get 1% cash back and the pleasure that I am putting something over on the government.:)

Yes, you can do this. My method was an automatic bank withdrawal.

+1 on the automatic monthly payment. Very smooth.

The only thing I can't understand is that they still insist on sending me a paper bill every month. The printed bill clearly states that it is not a bill, and that the payment will be deducted from my bank account, but there is no way to turn off that monthly mailing.

Weird, but harmless I guess.

+1 on the automatic monthly payment. Very smooth.

The only thing I can't understand is that they still insist on sending me a paper bill every month. The printed bill clearly states that it is not a bill, and that the payment will be deducted from my bank account, but there is no way to turn off that monthly mailing.

Weird, but harmless I guess.

That's OK with me. I'll just stuff it in my file cabinet, for proof that I paid. I just didn't want to have to remember that it was time to pay, and then sit down write them a check every month - - too much like w*rk, I guess. :D

Back
Top Bottom