The Dude Abides

Cassius King

Recycles dryer sheets
New member here. Found this site as a recommendation from the Bogleheads site. 35 year old, married, father of two. Looking to retire from my career early. But see myself still working in one form or another at that point.
Very laid back and easy going.
Trying to make up for lost ground in regards to my finances. Come from a very modest background/raising. Married my high school sweetheart and had our first child (son) my freshman year in college. My biggest financial disaster have been my student loans. Have a couple years left on those, then it's nothing but my mortgage and it will be retired early as well.
Glad to have found this place and many like minded individuals as well. Hopefully I can add to the community here without embarrassing myself too much.

Cheers!

Married my high school sweetheart and had our first child (son) my freshman year in college. My biggest financial disaster have been my student loans. Have a couple years left on those, then it's nothing but my mortgage and it will be retired early as well.
Glad to have found this place and many like minded individuals as well. Hopefully I can add to the community here without embarrassing myself too much.
Welcome Dude. Sounds like you've got a plan and are working it. Now, all you need is...a nice rug to tie it all together. Sorry, couldn't resist, I love Coen movies and the Big Lebowski was a fave.

Welcome Dude. Sounds like you've got a plan and are working it. Now, all you need is...a nice rug to tie it all together. Sorry, couldn't resist, I love Coen movies and the Big Lebowski was a fave.
Thanks, big fan as well. :ROFLMAO:

"Look, let me explain something. I'm not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That or His Dudeness... Duder... or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."

Anyone who begins his first post with the word "dude" is OK in my book. Welcome, and don't worry about embarassing yourself. I seem to do it here every day!

Do you like your current career?

You know, sometimes you just have to ask yourself WWTDD.

(What Would The Dude Do?)

Anyone who begins his first post with the word "dude" is OK in my book. Welcome, and don't worry about embarassing yourself. I seem to do it here every day!

Do you like your current career?
I enjoy my current career. The flexibility it allows, plus vacation time are hard to beat. The 401k is meager, but I have a pension to help with that.
I'm not micro-managed and can work from home occasionally. No suit and tie. It fits the Dude's personality pretty damn well.

Career fulfillment is nice.

Dudeism - Ordination by the Religion of Lebowski

I had no idea there was an actual religion based on The Dude:

Dudeism advocates and encourages the practice of "going with the flow" and "taking it easy" in the face of life's difficulties, believing that this is the only way to live in harmony with our inner nature and the challenges of interacting with other people

It actually makes sense..........

Cassius, welcome! Downloaded from netflix a few months ago and was watching with my son. I was in tears he is laughing at parts not quite ready for truly profound things going on in other area's. Then wife comes home watches about 3 minutes looks at how hard I'm laughing and made a derogatory remark about my intelligence and walks out of the room.
But hey I just let it go and enjoyed my evening:)

My adult kids say to my DH at least once a week (because he is):

"You're out of your element Donnie."

With the way the market has been going lately, the only Lebowski quote/scene I can think of is:

"Do you see what happens!"
"Do you see what happens when you #### a stranger in the ###!"
"This is what happens when you #### a stranger in the ###!"

:mad::mad::mad::mad::(

With the way the market has been going lately, the only Lebowski quote/scene I can think of is:

"Do you see what happens!"
"Do you see what happens when you #### a stranger in the ###!"
"This is what happens when you #### a stranger in the ###!"

:mad::mad::mad::mad::(

Shut up Donny

Back
Top Bottom