Tony from SoCal

newporttony

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi. I am a very long-time lurker that is coming out of the closet. I'm 46 YO with a wife and 2 kids and will probably be hanging up my cleats in about 18 mos. Having grown up with very little, I feel very fortunate (and humbled) to have done well financially. A lifetime of saving, investing, and living very much below my means as well as marrying someone with the same values has helped.

I haven't yet decided what to do with the remainder of my life; I plan to spend the next 18 mos figuring it out. One possibility is starting a foundation to help kids in more impoverished parts of the world.

Thanks for listening.

Tony, I'm glad you joined us! You sound like you will fit in perfectly here :)

Coach

Welcome, Tony!

A lifetime of saving, investing, and living very much below my means as well as marrying someone with the same values has helped.
That's the same formula that has worked so well for most people on this forum. :)

That's the same formula that has worked so well for most people on this forum. :)

My wife accuses me of being a reasonably well-off person stuck inside a pauper's body.

For me, being frugal isn't so much about the money--it's more about self control.

Back
Top Bottom