Took a little longer than planned

tdv2

Recycles dryer sheets
Back in 2012 I joined the community and made my first post, introduced myself, and stated that I had planned to fire in 2 years.....I was 49 at the time. After 3 years of OMY syndrome I finally pulled the plug last Friday....will be 55 at the end of the year. I posted over in the life after fire forum---class of 2018 and wanted to post over here as well. I know by every measure that I have enough but still worry a little bit. We tracked expenses for 5 full years so I have that going for me on the spending side. If I stick to current spending + health insurance my withdrawal rate is less than 2.5%. I expect we will ratchet that up a bit as we get more comfortable.

I really appreciate all the feedback everyone has offered here and plan to give back what I have learned along the way.

By the way, DW is looking to pull the plug by June 30. I hope and pray she gets the nerve up to do it.

Back in 2012 I joined the community and made my first post, introduced myself, and stated that I had planned to fire in 2 years.....I was 49 at the time. After 3 years of OMY syndrome I finally pulled the plug last Friday....will be 55 at the end of the year. I posted over in the life after fire forum---class of 2018 and wanted to post over here as well. I know by every measure that I have enough but still worry a little bit. We tracked expenses for 5 full years so I have that going for me on the spending side. If I stick to current spending + health insurance my withdrawal rate is less than 2.5%. I expect we will ratchet that up a bit as we get more comfortable.

I really appreciate all the feedback everyone has offered here and plan to give back what I have learned along the way.

By the way, DW is looking to pull the plug by June 30. I hope and pray she gets the nerve up to do it.

Congrats tdv2.
You have the expense side down pat. To date, no retirement scenario has ever failed with a 2.5% WR for 40 years.
Enjoy your retirement especially in these early years of the retirement.

It has been 2 years for me in retirement and your post reminds me of my pre retirement posts. Retirement for me gets better each day and was kind of unsure of RE but now I wish I would of done it sooner.

Good luck

Congrats and to welcome the the Free Zone. Coming up on the one year mark (June) and it's been GREAT!

Big hearty congratulations on pulling the trigger. You've got a lie enough withdrawal rate to survive most anything except a meteor strike so you're good there. Welcome to the new phase of your life.

Congratulations on following your long room plan.

Now, go take a nap. They are great for long term health.

Congrats & welcome aboard. So what are you going to do all day??!

Thanks everyone....going to enjoy my freedom, play a little golf....maybe a lot of golf....sure is a nice day today!!!

Back
Top Bottom