Twice retired & loving it

OldGuy

Recycles dryer sheets
Have been lurking (& learning from you all) for a while, and decided to come in out of the cold so I can throw in my $.02 on occasion.

Twice retired - 21 yrs active/reserve with Nords' former employer as a cryptologist, pulling retirement pay now for two years; and bailed out of a money center bank at 56 in '01 when faced with the following fatal alternative:

"Move to Manhattan."
"No."
"Move to Manhattan." :bat:
"No."
"You don't understand; your job, if you choose to remain employed, is now in Manhattan." :rant:
"Make me an offer."

And I miss the airports, hotels, missed flights & TSA like I miss a good head cold.

With BW a retired teacher, pensions cover ~75% of everything, and I split management of the retirement assets between myself & a brokerage house (long-time relationship that's costing me more than other providers but significantly adds to my undisturbed sleep).

Nice to be here...

LantFlt Sailor

You mean actually going under the ocean voluntarily, for long periods of time? Like jumping out of a perfectly good aeroplane? Seriously, never had the privilege, Nords - I was ~15 years' ahead of you, but I'm certain it would have been a pleasure. Guam on active duty, then east coast/Europe; Winter Harbor, Northwest, Corry Station, Homestead, Ft Meade & Nebraska Ave., Edzell & Rota at various times during the SELRES years. Another lifetime...

Back
Top Bottom