Usps vera

earlyoutusps

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi - I've been with the Postal Service 25 years. As a Postmaster, I am soon to be offered a VERA or Early Out. I thought I had 5 years until retirement, and now I'm getting very excited about the prospect of going in perhaps 6 months. I'm reading Bob Clyatt's book on early retirement or semi-retirement called "Work Less Live More." I've already calculated how much I would get now, at 56, and at 62. I think I can afford this if I can just learn how to dial down my desire for more "stuff." I would have to work part time or full time for 5 more years. But, this time I could do something with less stress - or maybe even FUN. All I have to do is figure out what it is I want to do. The possibilities are very exciting.:D

Who's gonna deliver my mail! Stay in there and work (or get those postal carriers to work for you), you slacker!:)

Seriously, welcome to the board. Wait until Cute Fuzzy Bunny (CFB) tells you about his little feud with his mailman--the prime beneficiary is CFB's son, who now has a growing collection of small toys, all hand-delivered by the USPS.

I hoe the numbers work out and you can jump off the (mail) train soon.

Moi?

We have a different delivery person now. I think the other one quit after I had all those cast iron pans delivered one at a time.

Rewahoo is probably still unhappy with his though.

Welcome to the board, EarlyOut. Have you run your numbers through FIRECalc and considered the impact of your early-out on your health insurance/healthcare expenses?

Rewahoo is probably still unhappy with his though.
That word has probably spread throughout the USPS; OP has "Florida" in their profile...

Welcome , I sell on ebay so I spend a lot of time getting to know my friendly post people .

Welcome "earlyoutusps" - Are you FERS or CSRS.

I too am a fed eligible to go early under a 6c FERS retirement next April. I'm still relatively young so I will be going into a semi-retirement for a few more years & do something else. As to post-retirement work, I haven't a clue either after 25 years in a fed job that doesn't translate too well to the private sector (& I really don't want to do anything related to what I've been doing anyway).

Nords - As a federal retiree, I have very low cost health insurance for life. It will probably be under $150 per month.

Texarkandy - I will have to work as well, at least until I'm 56. But, like you I want to do something different - and more fun!

Back
Top Bottom