We Did It!

riverrat

Dryer sheet aficionado
My wife and I ERd July 2, 2004. I'm 58 and wife is 57. We had our retirement parties on the same day & time - a luncheon type thing.

Spent the first week with grandkids in Tracy & Roseville. Normally I'd be feelin blue thinkin of goin back to work tomorrow - always disliked Mondays. Now just tryin to decide whether to read the long book I just bought - The Creators by Daniel Boorstin, or play piano, or watch tv, or surf web, or work on my website, or do my thing in the shop, or...

Think I'll just sit back and gloat awhile. Watch out for more posts from me - I might just find some time to stir things up a bit. :D

A combined celebration. That's pretty cool!

This was my day (give you something to shoot for):
Early breakfast. Putzed on the computer
for a while and then went back to bed until 9:30.
Read the Sunday paper. About 11 a.m. I took off on the motorcycle with no particular destination in mind. Put about 90 miles on the
bike and got home about 2:00. Cut the grass until
the spouse came home. Went to town and picked up fishing bait for tomorrow. By then it was cocktail hour.
so I picked up a pizza also. Watched the national news
and fed the dogs. Later on a video or a good book.
Yeah it's a great life......................

John Galt

Cong-Rats RiverRat!
No more sinking, Sunday night "yuck-work-tomorrow" feelings for you anymore.

All the best to you and the Missus
:D

Could be northern ca...we have a tracy and roseville not too far away from me.

If thats the case riverrat, and you get bored, let me know. I've got a honey-do list a mile long. I'm residing my wifes house this week and her brother talks a lot when he's holding the other end of the board. ;)

Thanks for the congrats on our ER.

I can't top John G's day yet - I'm still working on sleepin in. Wake up same time in morning as I did for work - at 5:30 or 6 am. - wife too.

So we have toast n coffee, read the paper, cast a little knowing smile at each other and mention what we'd probably be doin at work at the time, then go off to jog, walk dog or bike. Come home shower, tv or computer, maybe a chore or two, read, etc.

Goin to Tracy again this Friday & Sat.

Cutthroat - TH got it right - Roseville is near Sacramento CA - Tracy is a little over an hour South of Sacto & wife & I live in Bay Area. TH - I was raised on the So Fork of the American River outside of Placerville. Parents owned Chili Bar Beach Resort during 50s & 60s. SMUD condemned the property and built the Chili Bar Dam on the property we owned. I still go there to kayak Chili Bar to Coloma. Chili Bar got its name from the Chileans who mined gold there. Hangtown didn't want them and the folks in Georgetown didn't think much of the Chileans either so they settled in between on the So Fork of the American just upstream of the 193 bridge where 7'x7' gold diggin claims were staked along the river's edge.
We moved there when I was in the 4th grade. I swam almost every day of the summer when the water was in the upper 60s that was before the dam went in at Big Rock - my favorite jumpin off rock.

Before Placerville was Placerville it was Hangtown and before that Old Dry Diggins.

Sorry, I could go on & on about that place and that time in my life.

I lived right next door in el dorado hills right next to the lake. Spent quite a few days in auburn at the river and much time in placerville. Never did get to liking eggs with oysters though.

You missed all the siding work, but I have some roofing to do day after tomorrow if you feel bored... :)

Old Dry Diggins
Sounds like my old Merrill Lynch account!

Welcome riverrat. In only semi-retirement but I'm right behind you. When I'm away from work its like John Galt's day, I wake up with nothing to do and go to bed only accomplishing half of it!

I can't wait to get out. Unfortunately I cant just quit, I must disengage. Next downsizing is sked for 12/31 after that I should be 99% freeeeeeeeee!

BUM

Gosh BUM, what an upbeat letter. Got my day off to a
happy start just reading it :)

In my neighborhood, we have a "town"
(wide spot in the road) called New Diggings (really).
I rode through it a few times on the bike. Looks like
a town out of an old western and I noticed it has a biker bar. Can't resist the name I guess.

John Galt

Back
Top Bottom