You last visited: 11-21-2008 at 04:47 PM

twaddle

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hello, ER Forum!

Man, has it really been nearly 9 years since I last logged in here?

For those who don't remember me, I retired in June 2002 at age 40.

Initially, I thought of it as a sabbatical. But it was such a beautiful stress-free summer that I started thinking about extending it indefinitely.

Now the thought of going back to work gives me the willies. But I'm extremely grateful to all of the wage-slaves who continue to drive the value of my stock holdings higher. Couldn't have done it with you! :)

Sorry, I have no great insights to offer after 15 years of ER.

Learning new stuff has been a blast. Basically the same motivation that kept me going while I worked, but now nobody pays me to do it.

I learned how to play the guitar. Even learned how to build them. Both are a huge blast because they're never-ending pursuits. No end game. Recommended.

And to my surprise, my health and fitness improved with age. That's not supposed to happen, I know. But after 15 years of ER, I'm slimmer, stronger, and faster. I credit improved sleep, improved diet, less stress, and more exercise. Also recommended.

Oh, and one more pro tip. Have a kid in the first year of ER. :)

Ours just started high school. Truly a cure for ER boredom if ever there was one. Highly recommended!

OK, that's all I got. I'll try to check in again sometime before, erhm, 2026....

Wahoo!

Early retirees never die. They just become late retirees. :)

Back
Top Bottom