$1 Million Dollar Bounty Reward

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
"Seeking leads in a massive manhunt, Los Angeles authorities on Sunday offered a $1 million reward for information leading to the arrest of Christopher Dorner, the former police officer suspected in three killings."

Authorities announce $1 million reward for Dorner - Yahoo! News

The story in the news recently reads like an episode of "Criminal Minds." Former cop and military person, now out for personal revenge, naming names with a hit list.

I think with or without a reward, he would eventually be caught. But for $1M, maybe those close to him will tell on him.

Also, the $1M reward seems to show that the police are pretty scared that he might get away :blush:.

Wow! Too bad I don't know where he is. $1,000,000 would sure fluff up my portfolio balance. :D

Surely that is enough to do the job.

There's plenty of pressure to capture him as the guy's already making the LAPD look like keystone cops. The LAPD held two guys under mistaken identity and shot two women in a vehicle that they thought belonged to the suspect. The women already lawyered up and ready to sue.

I read the manifesto posted online. It is very long and tends to ramble, a lot of what he said is nonsense as in what does that have to do with his beef. The guy is a total nut case. I predict he'll commit suicide as the cops move in on him.

There's plenty of pressure to capture him as the guy's already making the LAPD look like keystone cops. The LAPD held two guys under mistaken identity and shot two women in a vehicle that they thought belonged to the suspect. The women already lawyered up and ready to sue.
Yes, I think the cops are really over the top.

Two small latinas, one 71 years old and the other her daughter, are out in the early AM in their Toyota Tacoma delivering newspapers on their regular route. The cops shoot the 71 year old woman in the back, and hit the younger one in her hand.

Meanwhile, the suspect is a very tall and large black man driving a Nissan.

Close enough for government work? I don't know, but it doesn't seem close enough to me.

Ha

I saw another shoot out in nearby town (Torrence?) with a guy in a pickup. White guy, different make and color pickup. He had been stopped by other cops just a few blocks away and apparently no communication between police groups.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-torrance-shooting-20130210,0,3955268.story

He also survived the hail of bullets. Police are looking pretty nervous and scary on this manhunt. But fortunately they also appear to be pretty bad shots.

Since the suspect knows the police are shooting up random pickup trucks, he's probably switched vehicles by now anyway.

Last edited:
What are the chances the cops would put up a million dollar reward for information leading to the arrest of a known serial killer of ordinary citizens? Good to know where their priorities are.

I think with the bounty, someone (probably the guy's best friend, if he has one) will turn him in.

Without the bounty, he'd probably get caught (but maybe not until 10 years from now and by accident).

From what I've read his truck was found in a remote part of Big Bear with a broken axle. He was caught in a heavy snow storm - he torched the truck. My guess is he is somewhere in the woods up there dead either by exposure or his own bullet.
But until he is found the police are gonna be jumpy

I've heard that he has flight training. So, perhaps the burnt truck was a diversion to keep the cops busy as he flew somewhere else.

I think the $1M reward changes things. Let's say if he is still on the run and has to refuel or buy food, with his face all over the place with a $1M bounty, that makes thing much more difficult for him.

Also, in a recent press conference, the cops said they will revisit the case as to why he was fired. From watching those TV crime shows :), I think that's a tactic by the cops to bait him to communicate to find out where he's at.

If a civilian got "jumpy" and started shooting people what would be said?
Nothing would be said. He woud be shot by police on first contact.

Even soldiers in a war zone, by today's rules would have a hard time getting away with the degree of "jumpiness" shown by the LAPD who seem to have opened up on anything that moves.

I'm surprised that the LA police are going to reopen his case. However, I think this is a ruse to draw him out.

The reward is payable upon info leading to a conviction. I wouldn't hold my breath for that money with appeal after appeal by lawyers out to get famous.

I seriously doubt there is going to be a conviction. He either already froze to death, will kill himself when the cops find him, or will die in a shootout with police. I see very small chance of this getting to trial. If the reward is dependent on a conviction, I doubt it gets paid out. The story linked in the OP says the reward is for info leading to the arrest. It doesn't say anything about a conviction.

Also, the money was raised by private donors. The cops aren't putting the money up. Private donors can raise huge rewards for anything they want. Whose fault is it they they don't raise that much reward money for "regular" murderers? What about the $500,000 reward in the Washington DC sniper case? That had nothing to do with cops getting shot.

Last edited:
Yes, I think the cops are really over the top.

Two small latinas, one 71 years old and the other her daughter, are out in the early AM in their Toyota Tacoma delivering newspapers on their regular route. The cops shoot the 71 year old woman in the back, and hit the younger one in her hand.

Meanwhile, the suspect is a very tall and large black man driving a Nissan.

Close enough for government work? I don't know, but it doesn't seem close enough to me.

Ha

Agreed. Since they seem bent on a gangster-style execution one hopes they'd at least establish a positive ID before opening fire. If not on the man at least on the vehicle.

Well, clearly they haven't since the two incidents of shooting suspected truck occupants have been Hispanic women and a White guy (obviously neither of whom are Black men, so even the most rudimentary attempt at identification either failed or wasn't attempted). Further both of them were driving different makes and colors of trucks, so the truck wasn't identified either. At least the suspect truck is now reported found and burned, so no more mistaking innocent vehicles for it.

I don't fear this guy. I fear the police.

I live in So.Cal. He was down in San Diego last week (apparently looking for a boat to steal?) My husband drives a truck. I told him to stay home more... no use getting shot at.

A friend owns a cabin at Big Bear, and loaned it to another friend and his wife. We asked, Monday, if there was activity, road blocks, anything like that. He didn't see ANY sign of police activity in Big Bear. The cabin is less than a mile from the one they're shooting at right now.

Dorner's a criminal. He should be apprehended and prosecuted. But the police should NOT be shooting at people who happen to drive trucks. The number of shots fired at people who were NOT returning fire is pretty crazy. (The newpaper carriers, the surfer dude... not firing back.)

Back
Top Bottom