$10 Upgrade for Quicken 2016 Home & Business

boog

Recycles dryer sheets
Found this link posted on bogleheads.org and availed myself of the opportunity for a cheap upgrade to Quicken 2016 Home & Business for Windows.
I upgraded from Q2014 H&B. Running it in a Win10 VM on a Mac.

Got the rental property version for $60. (normally$160) Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my VS986 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Thanks! I upgraded from Quicken 2010 Premier to the 2016 Home & Business.
Quicken describes H&B as having all the features of Quicken Premier + the Business functionality. A very good deal for $10.
I did hit an easy to resolve error. My default printer is wireless and I had the wireless portion of my network down. Even though the installation doesn't print anything, the installer gave an error about insuring that printer spooling was set on. I bought up the network and the printer and the installer then ran just fine.

I have Quicken Deluxe 2016, don't need the "Business" features, but I'm thinking about jumping on this deal to get the "Premium" enhancements. Is there any drawback to using H&B version for personal finance tracking.

Thanks! I knew I was going to have to upgrade in the next year to continue the auto download - this made it less annoying (because it was cheaper.)

Upgrading from premiere to business was a bonus!

Anyone have any opinions as to whether Quicken 2016 is an actual upgrade from earlier versions or does it simply introduce exciting new bugs?

The page still has the deal but when I tried to upgrade from 2010 Premier, it went in the cart and, instead of a bill of $10, it showed a discount of $10. However, I noticed that it listed previous versions of Quicken that I could download but not the 2010 Premier. I still have the email confirmation for 2010 Premier and it is under the same email account as my user account. Quicken doesn't show duplicate accounts for this email and my 2010 Premier, when opened, appears to be registered ok. Oh well, I guess I don't need it.

I have Quicken Deluxe 2016, don't need the "Business" features, but I'm thinking about jumping on this deal to get the "Premium" enhancements. Is there any drawback to using H&B version for personal finance tracking.

I switched from Deluxe to H&B several years ago when I started a part-time business. Ended the business two years ago and continued with H&B. Can't see any reason it won't remain suitable for just my personal finances.

Like Tadpole, the website showed a $10 discount - not - a net price of $10.00 when I added it to my cart. I've got a registered copy of Quicken Premier 2015, and was logged into the Quicken site. Did I miss something?

Yep, tried the link just now and it looks like the $10 offer was an unintended and short-lived good deal. Wonder how many jumped on the offer while it lasted? Considering how many Quicken upgrades I've purchased over the last 20+ years, I don't feel guilty for taking advantage of their likely mistake.

Anyone have any opinions as to whether Quicken 2016 is an actual upgrade from earlier versions or does it simply introduce exciting new bugs?

Quicken now makes you give them a name and address before you can use the auto download feature. So my name with them is Micky Mouse and I live at an equally famous address. :angel:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom