10 year service award on E-R . Org

As a recent addition, I'd like to thank those who were here before me. I continue to learn from you.

Many thanks.
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Wow, today is my 10th anniversary on e-r.org!

Seems more like 5, just like everything else.

I have missed my golden dryer sheet on 4-18-2005.
Thanks for all the helpful or interesting ideas.
Without you all we had been less confident that we can and should ER.
Now we are for almost 2 years (then 55/62), have not missed work at all and live well on DH's pension, interest and dividends.

Here you go. The moderators can simply hand these out on our 10 year anniversary date:

Y10-2.jpg

Here you go. The moderators can simply hand these out on our 10 year anniversary date:

Y10-2.jpg

Nice!

Still, all this "handing out" and "committee chair" sounds an awful lot like work to me.

Here's what The Mod Squad gave me for my 10 days of service as a moderator. You'd better watch out, you'd better not cry, or you'll be eating some of this hand pie too!

I passed ten years in May. Wasn't anticipating an award, though maybe a bribe to limit my posting...

One of the megacorp's I worked for used color on their ID badge to denote 5-year service increments. Red was less than 5 years, 5-9 was light blue, 10-14 was yellow, 15-19 was green, 20-24 was silver, 25 and higher was gold - or something like that.
The megacorp I worked for put a gold star on the pink slip at 25 years.:LOL:

To celebrate your years of service, we'll all chip in to give you an Apple watch. You'll get an apple, and you can watch it.

Amethyst

We used to get stock certificates. Ten years for ten shares, pretty good deal.

To the mods and all the long term members of the board, thank you! :D

You are right - you've been shorted important awards and recognition but we have an excellent reason. The award committee currently lacks a Chair. I know that if the committee were firing on all cylinders you would have received your silver drysheet award in the mail by this time but they are rudderless and have evidently been napping.

Still there is much to celebrate and I'm hopeful that in another ten years you will receive your gold dryer sheet. Hopefully we will have a committee Chair by that point. Would you be interested? :cool:

Ok , after careful consideration , I graciously accept the appointment. Nords told me I can expect to get my credentials and E-R . org staff handbook at the annual moderator's retreat on Lanai.

(note to self , check air miles for 1st class upgrade )

Ok , after careful consideration , I graciously accept the appointment. Nords told me I can expect to get my credentials and E-R . org staff handbook at the annual moderator's retreat on Lanai.

(note to self , check air miles for 1st class upgrade )
No worries. Lanai's new owner, Larry Ellison, will undoubtedly send over his private jet as soon as Oracle's database hackers determine your location.

Start thinking about your custom longboard features & colors now. They'll need at least 96 hours to shape it and have it waiting for you on arrival... or you could just choose among the many complimentary options from the in-flight shopping guide and order it via WiFi using your seat's tablet.

One of the megacorp's I worked for used color on their ID badge to denote 5-year service increments. Red was less than 5 years, 5-9 was light blue, 10-14 was yellow, 15-19 was green, 20-24 was silver, 25 and higher was gold - or something like that.
That's so sad.

But I guess it saved people the trouble of asking "So, how long have you been in for?"

Last edited:
My mega corp gold watch went in Katrina.

As for here being around to grumble, whine and otherwise carry on is just ducky with me.

heh heh heh - I can still spell Dory36. Er sort of :D :LOL:;). As for dryer sheets - :flowers:.

What service award?

Why am I the only one who once proposed that ER.org charges people who post? :hide:

And that the rule of one account per user be relaxed, and a person can post as different screen names as long as he pays, say, $100/year/name? :hide: :hide:

I expect to get some royalty for the above ideas.

What service award?

Why am I the only one who once proposed that ER.org charges people who post? :hide:

And that the rule of one account per user be relaxed, and a person can post as different screen names as long as he pays, say, $100/year/name? :hide: :hide:

I expect to get some royalty for the above ideas.

Hmmm - being left handed and INTJ I might be posting carrying on great conversations with myself.

heh heh heh - raise the price to ? :rolleyes:

I think the membership price is pretty good, especially for non-US people who get to skip most of the topics...

Surely there is a treasure closet located at the secret NYC HQ of ER.org that contains many items like this to award those who are deemed worthy. Why are Mods and others who fly on black helicopters keeping all of this for themselves:confused:

Rant Over!

As the award chair elect , I am still working on the design of the 5 and 10 year certificates, suitable for download, printing and framing. Members will have to provide their own gold stars and seals................Should be done by the end of the year.

Last edited:
My ten year date is coming up in February. I hope the certificate will be ready by then but I really think a pin would be good.

Dang, forgot to apply for the certificate, missed my 13 year anniversary!

Dang, forgot to apply for the certificate, missed my 13 year anniversary!

You are entitled to an additional award for the longest longevity and lowest post count:dance:

You are entitled to an additional award for the longest longevity and lowest post count:dance:

I check regularly and have learned much. Wish the forum was around when I had to make the decision to retire early at 50 with two young boys........and keeping up with their activities resulted in quick reads, occasional posting.

Back
Top Bottom