14.50 an hour pay armed nuclear reactor security guards!

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Yes this is the pay that is advertised this past weekend in the raleigh NC newspaper for guards at the harris plant down here.

You really think our government is on the ball here??

I wonder!?

As long as they pass background investigations like the one I'm subject to I don't see what the level of pay has to do with it. There are plenty of quality individuals who need and will work for that level of pay, just like there are many highly paid lowlifes out there. That's $30K per year, not exactly chump change for a starting salary. Plus...they're not working ON nuclear reactors as a technician, engineer, scientist, operator etc., more likely gate guards, patrolling the property in cars, etc. I'm OK with that pay for security guards.

$30K plus benefits; overtime and not a difficult communte?
Not too bad.

I think when yo take a job like that it isn't so much for the money because you are putting your life on the line if attacked.

You also take that job because the utility will frequently hire out of the guard pool for better jobs when the see talent. Several friends got hired on at the plant I worked at because they stood out when the were working as a guard.

You get a gun AND you get to work at a nuclear reactor?

Wow, that IS overpaying for the privilege...

Not to mention the military normally only has E-1's up to E-4's doing that job for a lot less. $14 an hour for any security job is very good pay. Heck I'm making $9.25 now as security, just for something to do, until I find a real job.

newguy888,

How much are you suggesting that they receive for their efforts in securing the nuclear facility?

Dave

Maybe the united states army should be protecting these facilities??

Think about it people. we have an enemy that if it could would try to take one out.

Who do you want guarding these places?? Hourly security guards??

Isn't this about what starting teachers make in many public school districts, Newguy? What did you think of the talent there? Is that why you are concerned?

samclem said:
Isn't this about what starting teachers make in many public school districts, Newguy? What did you think of the talent there? Is that why you are concerned?

Yes.

However I would not blame teachers, I blame the worthless parents who quite frankly should never have been allowed to procreate!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom