Join Early Retirement Today

20 Most Hated Movies
Old 12-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

20 Most Hated Movies

Lists are a dime a dozen on the internet and this one is no different. There are a few that surprise me though...

"The Movie I Walked Out On ... The people have spoken, and these are the 20 movies that had the most Comcast.net users heading for the exits.

Whether they were too gory, too shaky or too terrible, these films proved that you really can have too much of a bad thing."

20 Dumb and Dumber agreed, I may have watched 10 minutes tops
19 The Blair Witch Project didn't see it, no interest
18 Beowulf didn't see it
17 Open Water never heard of it
16 Pulp Fiction not my fav, but worthwhile IMO
15 Cloverfield didn't see it
14 Brokeback Mountain didn't see it
13 Waterworld it was pretty lame, but I watched the whole thing hoping it would get better
12 Epic Movie never heard of it
11 RoboCop not great, but audiences had to know what to expect, a special effects movie
10 The Wicker Man never heard of it
9 A Clockwork Orange tried to watch it twice, lasted about 20 minutes both times - too unnecessarily disturbing for me
8 Last Tango In Paris didn't see it, I think I was too young
7 Pirate of the Carribbean: Dead Man's Chest sorry, I liked all the Pirates movies
6 Eyes Wide Shut watched the whole thing, not sure why, yawn...really thin story after all
5 Ishtar didn't see it
4 The English Patient didn't see it, not big on period pieces, though I know lots of people like them
3 The Exorcist no way this should be on the list, though it was a real shocker for me (went with my Catholic girlfriend at the time)
2 Leaving Las Vegas great acting, terminally sad story
1 Natural Born Killers didn't see it, no interest

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Give me a forum ...

I love Pulp Fiction.

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

I liked most of these. But then again I love scary and edgy movies.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Q. What do horror, violence, fantasy and Kubrick have in common, Alex?
GrayHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Pulp Fiction is my favorite movie and Dumb and Dumber is my favorite comedy. Dumb and Dumber certainly didn't win any Oscars but if you want a good laugh it's hard to beat. I think Pulp Fiction was a great movie but I can see how it would be too violent for some. Haven't seen most of the others on the list.
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayHare View Post
Q. What do horror, violence, fantasy and Kubrick have in common, Alex?
2001: A Space Odyssey was great. Then he went off the rails...but just one opinion to be sure.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #7

I walked out at the end of Braveheart and stayed in the lobby. I couldn't stand being in there when I realized they would be so cruel.

The other one I walked out early on was something like The Cook, the Thief, the lover etc. Ugh, didn't like it at all! My husband walked out shortly after I did. If it hadn't been the dollar show, we would have asked for a refund. I left when I saw worms all over the food in the kitchen, being served at a fancy restaurant. I understand later in the film that they cooked a person.
Ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

20 Dumb and Dumber agreed, I may have watched 10 minutes tops Sorry, the 3 Stooges is my bottom floor for dumbness (and the Stooges only go on for 15 minutes or so, not a whole movie!).
19 The Blair Witch Project didn't see it, no interest Got bored and turned off the DVD. I mean, sheesh, nothing happens and it's not even scary.
18 Beowulf didn't see it Me either
17 Open Water never heard of it Me either
16 Pulp Fiction not my fav, but worthwhile IMO We loved it. Time to watch it again, actually.
15 Cloverfield didn't see it Me either
14 Brokeback Mountain didn't see it We liked the Annie Proulx short story - beautifully written - but didn't think it translated well to video.
13 Waterworld it was pretty lame, but I watched the whole thing hoping it would get better I agree, silly story, yet somehow we kind of liked it. Like "Mad Max," but on the water.
12 Epic Movie never heard of it Me either
11 RoboCop not great, but audiences had to know what to expect, a special effects movie It was OK.
10 The Wicker Man never heard of it Me either
9 A Clockwork Orange tried to watch it twice, lasted about 20 minutes both times - too unnecessarily disturbing for me It's got its points, but I agree it's disturbing just for the sake of it.
8 Last Tango In Paris didn't see it, I think I was too youngHusband loved it; I *hated* it. Rare for us to disagree strongly over a movie, but this was one of those rare times!
7 Pirate of the Carribbean: Dead Man's Chest sorry, I liked all the Pirates moviesMe too! But I am only 8 years old in many ways.
6 Eyes Wide Shut watched the whole thing, not sure why, yawn...really thin story after all We didn't like it at first, but it grew on us. Good morality tale.
5 Ishtar didn't see it Didn't see it.
4 The English Patient didn't see it, not big on period pieces, though I know lots of people like them One of our all-time favorites, but I can see how some might get fed up with it. It does go on.
3 The Exorcist no way this should be on the list, though it was a real shocker for me (went with my Catholic girlfriend at the time) Thought it was stupid.
2 Leaving Las Vegas great acting, terminally sad stor We liked it.
1 Natural Born Killers didn't see it, no interestHusband tried to get me to watch it on DVD. I loathed it from Scene 1 and quit watching after a while.

Amethyst
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #9

I've seen 10 of the 20 and liked them all. Pulp fiction is always worth a watch when there is a rerun.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

When "A Clockwork Orange" was brand new, my boyfriend at the time took me to see it. We had to wait in a line to get into the theater, in SF. But once the movie started I was so upset by it that I walked out and insisted on leaving. How not to impress one's boyfriend! We broke up over that movie and that was our last date.

I tried to watch it again about 20 years later but still hated it and did not watch the whole thing. I would say this is my most hated movie of all time.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #11
Recycles dryer sheets

No Country for Old Men........ridiculous, let down of an ending.

I did like the crazy haircut and whitish skin on the bad guy!!!!

(I really do like Javier Bardem...did anyone see Mar Adentro?)
Lcountz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #12
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
"A Clockwork Orange"
My wife and I have only seen bits and pieces and based on what we saw, we're trying to figure out what allt he hype is about. Did we miss the good parts?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

Gosh, how could a guy not be disappointed in a gal who doesn't want to watch a movie where women get raped and it's treated like a joke?
Terrible choice for a date movie.

Amethyst

Quote:
When "A Clockwork Orange" was brand new, my boyfriend at the time took me to see it. ... We broke up over that movie and that was our last date.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #14
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I tried to watch it again about 20 years later but still hated it and did not watch the whole thing. I would say this is my most hated movie of all time.
Re -reading the list, I'd have to agree, even though I've only seen the first 20 minutes. There are quite a few movies I've walked out of mostly because I thought they were boring, pandering and/or just stupid - what little I watched of Clockwork Orange was all that plus outright offensive.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #15

My vote for a really bad movie....Bubba Ho-Tep. I dare anybody to watch the whole thing then report back... You'll NEVER get back the time you spent watching it! LOL

“Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?” - Edgar Bergen
martyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #16
Recycles dryer sheets

I think I've seen 13 of them, and don't recall hating any of them, certainly not to the point of walking out. My bottom feeders are two sequels of sequels: Beverly Hills Cop III and Crocodile Dundee III. Yuck.
mattbaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #17
Give me a forum ...

This one was pretty intense. Loved it. Sure many folks understandably found it hard to sit through.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #18
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
When "A Clockwork Orange" was brand new, my boyfriend at the time took me to see it. We had to wait in a line to get into the theater, in SF. But once the movie started I was so upset by it that I walked out and insisted on leaving. How not to impress one's boyfriend! We broke up over that movie and that was our last date.

Yup. That's one crazy movie. Try the book. It is brilliant.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #19

Another Clockwork Orange hater here. I was also taken to it on a date. He didn't like it either. Big mistake.
Ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #20
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcountz View Post
No Country for Old Men........ridiculous, let down of an ending.

I did like the crazy haircut and whitish skin on the bad guy!!!!

(I really do like Javier Bardem...did anyone see Mar Adentro?)
Mar Adentro was an excellent film.

Javier Bardem plays the bad guy in Skyfall, the latest James Bond movie.
anethum is offline   Reply With Quote