2006 Predictions

Eagle43

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We're sooooo smart, right??  Well, why not try to predict 2006?  Say, make 3 predictions and only 3.  They can be about money, politics, weather, war, whatever.  Can't say this was original, got it from here:
http://www.reason.com/links/links010206.shtml

We can also check out the prognistications in first/second week of 2007.

1.  Sadaam will be convicted and executed.  See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

2.  Bird Flu hysteria will peter out.  Kind of like the killer bees that were supposed to take us out here in Texas.  That didn't happen.  Neither did y2k.  Neither will an epidemic of bird flu.

3.  Gasoline prices will NOT go to $3/gallon.  In fact, they will recede to an average of $2/gallon nationally.  Under two dollars per gallon is history.

I was going to add the one about the Indy Colts and the Super Bowl, but limited to three.  :)

Killer bees will come down with the bird flu.

We'll reinstate Saddam when we discover we cant run that frickin' country any better

The patriots will catch the colts sleeping after no meaningful games over a month and peyton manning will quit football to star in television commercials full time.

And a fourth one...2007 will occur immediately after 12/31/05.

Here are my predictions.  I make them only on my own account and not to stir any one issue up, and will let everyone else dissect them for what they are worth.

Dollar will continue its drop as Chindia and others stop reinvesting into our trade imbalance through buying US debt.  This may cause a run up international stocks and currency.

GM will declare BK and go for Chap. 11.  This will result in yet another series of discussions about health care costs and the absence of a viable national insurance program.  Insurance companies will control any meaningful congressional change as they like holding America's health system hostage to their optimize their premium base.

The next big military threat will be the use of EMF high energy sources to destroy the electronic commerce and communications in the US and the EU as a form of low cost proxy (terrorist) warfare.

Mexico will initiate a UN mandate to recover its lands "illegally taken" by the US during the Mexican war of the 1840's, using the last four decades of illegal "hispanic migration" as the basis under international law to re-take and recapture "its historical and cultural territories of the American Southwest".  This will be triggered by the US attempting to pass legislation to stop the mass illegal border crossings that have gone virtually unchecked for most of the last 40 years and resulted in a force of Mexican occupation of 15-20 Million nationals in the US. (Estimates vary since these are not documented citizens)

The use of gas conserving motorcycles and motor scooters will continue to increase in urban areas to the point that "motorcycle lanes" will be added to some freeways and street systems as a means to increase their use.

Lets see if any of these predictions hold water ! 8)

Eagle43 said:
We're sooooo smart, right?? Well, why not try to predict 2006? Say, make 3 predictions and only 3. They can be about money, politics, weather, war, whatever. Can't say this was original, got it from here:
http://www.reason.com/links/links010206.shtml

We can also check out the prognistications in first/second week of 2007.

1. Sadaam will be convicted and executed. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

2. Bird Flu hysteria will peter out. Kind of like the killer bees that were supposed to take us out here in Texas. That didn't happen. Neither did y2k. Neither will an epidemic of bird flu.

3. Gasoline prices will NOT go to $3/gallon. In fact, they will recede to an average of $2/gallon nationally. Under two dollars per gallon is history.

I was going to add the one about the Indy Colts and the Super Bowl, but limited to three. :)

Wow, pretty good predicting. A bit off wrt gasoline, but prices did come back down after hitting $3.

Lex, those are some great predictions and insights. I like the thinking behind them. How did you come up with them? General reading?

Too bad the software shows edit dates.
::)

Back
Top Bottom