Join Early Retirement Today

24 more "Mondays"
Old 01-03-2021, 04:58 PM   #1
Dryer sheet aficionado

24 more "Mondays"

I have about 24 more Mondays then everyday becomes Saturday. Please tell me your '24 more Mondays" stories. It feels like forever.
RobotMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2021, 05:32 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Don't have a specific Monday story, but will tell you that after awhile you won't even think about any day being like a Saturday.
It is just another day where you don't have to work.
Old 01-03-2021, 06:21 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Yeah, the days are all good. Monday's are the new "start of the weekend", because Saturdays and Sundays are when everyone is out and stores, parks and trails are crowded. We now look forward to Mondays.

Hang in there, it will soon be your turn.
Go-NoGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:49 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

I started counting down "weeks" (not specifically Mondays) to financial independence at 14 years out - you do the math! Every January when the new, big desk calendars came in, I dutifully entered the week-count for the year.

Long story but it involved rotten bosses, changed assignments and the ever present golden handcuffs. By the time FI rolled around, I had wangled my dream assignment and stopped counting. Years later, the NEXT time I counted down, there were NO more Mondays (just Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. - story relayed elsewhere.)

24 Mondays will go very quickly. Don't forget to savor the moments - and DO report back here on your progress!

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 04:44 AM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

It's not even all Saturdays. Saturday exists in reference to the other days. Especially during Covid, I find that every day is Blurrsday.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRoy View Post
It's not even all Saturdays. Saturday exists in reference to the other days.
Saturday is not remotely the best day anymore. Stores are busier - once you are used to Costco at 3pm on a tuesday you will never go near the place on a weekend.

It's more like every day is "what day is it?" and the answer almost never matters.
Aerides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 05:59 PM   #7
Dryer sheet aficionado

I love all these replies! Thanks so much. I agree with lots of PP that Saturday might not be the best day. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday might be the best days to shop, go to Costco, etc.

Now I have 23 more Mondays!
RobotMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:41 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotMom View Post
I love all these replies! Thanks so much. I agree with lots of PP that Saturday might not be the best day. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday might be the best days to shop, go to Costco, etc.

Now I have 23 more Mondays!
Heh, heh, I TOLD you they would go quickly!

Carpe Diem, stop and smell the roses, savor the moment. Here's hoping your exit will be all that you hope and more than you expect.

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 02:46 PM   #9
Full time employment: Posting here.

I cannot imagine doing any shopping on weekends anymore.

I hate crowds to begin with and now with the virus, I like crowds even less.

Today it was nice to grocery shop on a week day and not have the holiday shopping crowds.
retire-early is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 04:12 PM   #10
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

My Monday observation really relates to Sundays. Once you’re through working on Monday, that Sunday evening/night anxiety (that precedes the beginning of a new work week) disappears forever.
Old 01-05-2021, 04:39 PM   #11
Recycles dryer sheets

I hadn't thought about a Monday countdown - great idea!38 Mondays left for me - good news is that a few of those will likely be vacation/holidays. That sounds better than 269 calendar days!
Unpaintedhuffhines is offline   Reply With Quote