35mm slide viewer??

albireo13

Full time employment: Posting here.
my Dad passed away this summer and left behind boxes of old 35mm slide photos from years past. It will take forever to go through them all by hand.
Are there any cheap and easy viewers I can get so I can go through them easily?
I don't have a slide projector.

There are probably old "nugget" pics which are keepers so, I don't want to toss them.

Thx

There used to be a a backlit (by a small light bulb) device that measured maybe 12" x15". You set it up like an easel on a desk or table. It had about six horizontal ridges on which you could place slides and view them all at once. It held perhaps 25 slides at one time. Made it easy to sort them, decide which duplicates to discard, etc. No magnification so a magnifying glass would help to see the transparent portion of the slides. Don't know where you'd find one now but it would help you to sort quickly.

There used to be a a backlit (by a small light bulb) device that measured maybe 12" x15". You set it up like an easel on a desk or table. It had about six horizontal ridges on which you could place slides and view them all at once. It held perhaps 25 slides at one time. Made it easy to sort them, decide which duplicates to discard, etc. No magnification so a magnifying glass would help to see the transparent portion of the slides. Don't know where you'd find one now but it would help you to sort quickly.
I still have one of these. For presentations in the days before LCD projectors.
https://www.amazon.com/Slide-Viewing-Box-Model-S-40/dp/B00K33ALWG/ref=sr_1_14?crid=1T2G6TCH3YIF2&dchild=1&keywords=slide+viewer+light+box&qid=1601427488&sprefix=slide+viewer+%2Caps%2C295&sr=8-14

Last edited:
My son took trays of slides to Costco and had them digitized for not too much money

my Dad passed away this summer and left behind boxes of old 35mm slide photos from years past. It will take forever to go through them all by hand.

There are probably old "nugget" pics which are keepers so, I don't want to toss them.

Thx

I picked up one of these

Pana-Vue 2 Illuminated Slide Viewer

I used to to sift through a lot of slide to find the "keepers" for scanning.

Thx
If you want to keep the old nuggets it's a good idea to have the slides digitized now. Film deteriorates with age.

Can't say they're still sold but I have a really cheap viewer (single slide). Doesn't even require a battery/light bulb. I'm guessing the original sale price would have ben $5 - maybe $10 now if still available. There is a translucent diffuser which illuminates the slide. Probably a "junk" shop would run across one of these every once in a while but YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom