Join Early Retirement Today

Re: $423,000,000,000.00
Old 02-07-2006, 09:21 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Howard -

I don't believe what I was saying is a good sign. In fact....

Quote:
You are right, why should we care?
try not to step in the sarcasm.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2006, 09:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard
CFB, remember the Ad about Charlie the Tuna??

just testing till I get the hang of this thing :

(sorry about that howard but i picked on you to make my first post.)
Old 02-07-2006, 10:35 PM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.

Howard,

I think that your original point that the US economy may be headed for trouble may very well be true but if anything immigrants in the high tech industry, etc. greatly strengthens the economy.* I think the fact that they continue to come here says something positive about the US and I don't buy the argument that it is bad that we continue to import intellectual capital.* That is a good thing.* Just ask the countries that are losing their "best and brightest."* * *

Quote:
mb, any Researcher of note is transferred to the Head Office, look at the number of high tech industries started by recent Asian immigrants, the US is a country of immigrants, intellectual imports who left their homelands to make their fortunes in America.
MB, happy to have immigrants help support my standard of living and father of two asian/caucasian kids that think that I'm cheaper than any of their asian friend's parents.

mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:37 AM   #24

mb, I totally agree, I was responding to the post that said Intellecual property was the US's biggest Export, when the reverse is true, it is your biggest Import.

In Canada it is called the Brain Drain, the fact that many of our brightest and most educated sought their future in the US.

This Intellectual Import grows, Smart people generally have Smart kids, so the gift keeps giving, but Immigration needs to be skewed to that type of Immigrant, balanced with those fleeing for other reasons.

North America has gained greatly at the expense of other Nations by providing a Field of Dreams that has attracted the best talent from elsewhere.

This must continue if we are to compete, but increasingly people are staying in their home countries because the opportunties are available there.

China will soon have more millionaires than the population of Canada , and India has the fastest growing Middle Class in the world.

Hi mike.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:39 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard

Hi mike.
howard .. I see you've been busy of late. Thanks for the tip you gave us. This site seems very lively.

Hello there to zipper also.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #26
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek

I'll be making a personal contribution in the amount of over $2100 to lower the above number on April 15th.

I hope that others of you follow my lead and do your part also in this noble, patriotic* effort.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote