The five habits listed are,
1) They save a lot
2) They understand their spending habits
3) They have an investment plan
4) They pursue happiness instead of more income
5) They are optimistic
Since these are supposed to be habits of early retirees, and not habits of those trying to eventually retire early, I would have expected something like,
1) They sleep awfully late in the mornings!
2) They piddle around doing whatever they want all day long
3) They don't feel the slightest bit guilty about 1) or 2)
4) They are a lot more active than those who keep working
5) They wonder why others don't retire, too!