9/15/2011 @ 9:45am

SJ1_

Full time employment: Posting here.
JUST PAID OFF THE MORTGAGE!!!!

Great feeling.....

If there was one common thing that retirees seemed to agree on it was not having a mortgage was a big one..

BUT

Still have the lake house and we can retire with it

Great feeling.....

If there was one common thing that retirees seemed to agree on it was not having a mortgage was a big one..

BUT

:dance:
Congratulations.

Congratulations on this financial achievement! :dance:

Congratulations! Not having a mortgage to pay makes a HUGE difference in expenses, as you will undoubtedly notice and appreciate in the years to come. :D

Congrats, one of the best feelings of security in the world, knowing the house is paid for.

Congrats! Its a major accomplishment in ones life, break out the champagne and party.

At the risk of annoying myself (and probably a large fraction of the E-R forums community), I'll say:

BOO-YAH!

:clap:

Just think of the extra cash that you will have each month. Congrats.

Great News!!!! It gets even better when you start to feel that free cash flow that was for so long committed to the mortgage payment.

Congratulations! It is a huge reduction in expenses to have accomplished that. I was super excited about paying off the mortgage for the 6 months prior to finalizing it but it was then anti climatic when it happened. I was pleased but for me the thrill was doing it in pieces over 6 months. Either way it's a great feeling.

Congratulations! It's a wonderful feeling. I am still excited that ours is paid off, and it has been over 3 years.

Great feeling.....

BUT

Congratulations! Isn't it a great feeling? Between that and not being in the stock market, I really sleep good at night. No worries. I guess the only time I wish I had a mortgage yet is when we file our income taxes and can no longer deduct the property taxes. Could until last year deduct those taxes along with the standard deduction.

Congrats and Good Job! Thanks for sharing it on this forum and allowing some of us to feel good again. It will be weird empathizing with others who are struggling with their mortgage payments while not letting on that you won't have that problem anymore. ;)

JOHNNIE36 said:
Congratulations! Isn't it a great feeling? Between that and not being in the stock market, I really sleep good at night. No worries. I guess the only time I wish I had a mortgage yet is when we file our income taxes and can no longer deduct the property taxes. Could until last year deduct those taxes along with the standard deduction.

Ditto but I'm sure you meant mortgage interest and not the property taxes when filing that 1040.

Back
Top Bottom