A good 36 month investment

Mr._johngalt

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hey everybody! It's my 3 year anniversary on this board.
What a rush!!! Was it good for you too? :)

Seriously, a lot of good stuff here, along with the acrimony
and BS (and a few tears). It's a miniature
on-line community, a microcosm. Anyway, I hope to hang around for another 3 years (Thunderous Applause!) :)

Y'all have a great day.........Semper Fi.

JG

Happy 3rd JG. Despite all of the noise I still like your posts. I turn 1 next year and I feel like my stay is nearing its expiration date, don't see how you do it ;)

After reading many of your 6000 posts I would like to hear how you have preserved your nest egg. You clocked out with 250k, have you managed to avoid tapping it? Has it grown substantially since? You may not track expenses but I am guessing you keep track of the egg.

JG, by some strange and mysterious quirk of fate, your third anniversary on the board just happens to be my 59th anniversary of life on this planet.

Not sure what to make of it. Coincidence? Probably... 8)

MRGALT2U said:
Hey everybody!  It's my 3 year anniversary on this board.
What a rush!!!  Was it good for you too?  :)

JG

JG: You've damn sure demonstrated that you can take a "good punch". Hang in there! ;)

REWahoo! said:
JG, by some strange and mysterious quirk of fate, your third anniversary on the board just happens to be my 59th anniversary of life on this planet.

Not sure what to make of it.  Coincidence?  Probably... 8)

As that very old idiom goes - -

They are like "two peas in a pod"  :LOL: :LOL:

Oh yes, happy anniversary to you both!

REWahoo! said:
Youngster. :LOL:

Happy Anniversary JG-I hope that you keep posting also.

Happy Birthday, REWahoo! Hope you have a good day!

Dreamer

JPatrick said:
As that very old idiom goes - -

They are like "two peas in a pod" :LOL: :LOL:

Oh yes, happy anniversary to you both!

JPatrick, when I read this message I apparently blacked out for a moment. Upon recovering, I discovered a huge thunderstorm developing over my house and it was sending you a message. In case you didn't see it, here is a photo...

img_344620_0_415a51833bcec17aad7e33a7d7287048.jpg

Very good REW :LOL:  :LOL:
I wish you success in your many investments with the sincere hope that one day you will be able to relocate to a neighborhood where the thunderstorms have higher standards.  :D

REWahoo! said:

Not sure what to make of it.  Coincidence?  Probably... 8)

Happy birthday!

JG

wildcat said:
Happy 3rd JG.  Despite all of the noise I still like your posts.  I turn 1 next year and I feel like my stay is nearing its expiration date, don't see how you do it  ;)

After reading many of your 6000 posts I would like to hear how you have preserved your nest egg.  You clocked out with 250k, have you managed to avoid tapping it?  Has it grown substantially since?  You may not track expenses but I am guessing you keep track of the egg.

Gosh I love it when you pay attention. Yep, I checked out with 250K MOL,
but post divorce it increased pretty steadily for about 3 years. I do keep an eye on "the egg".
Remarried in 2001, the "egg" kind of stabilized. DW works and I am
really not too sure where we would be if she did not. Anyway, our net
worth has not declined (I try very hard to avoid this), and I see no
reason it should unless we have a disaster.

Re. "how I do it"..............it's easy. I have opinions on everything
and absolutely no reluctance to share them. Someone implied once that
my post count indicated I must not have a life. Actually, it takes no time
at all. If you really know what you believe, it becomes instinctive. Besides,
if there was any work involved (with posting) I wouldn't have anything
to do with it :)

JG

Thanks JG. Sounds like a person, if willing, could semi-retire with less, as you did, and prevent tapping the egg. With a long enough time horizon the egg could grow enough to warrant full-time ER.

wildcat said:
Thanks JG.  Sounds like a person, if willing, could semi-retire with less, as you did, and prevent tapping the egg.  With a long enough time horizon the egg could grow enough to warrant full-time ER.

Yeah, I am one of the few who believes you can do it on practically nothing
but brainpower and willpower. I have taken considerable "incoming"
(a little military lingo there) :) over this. But, I am not suggesting
anyone else follow my route (on ER or anything else). Just telling the
story, and who knows...........I might just help someone and ultimately
improve their life. Wouldn't that be cool?

JG

WhodaThunkit said:
JG -- you have the most interesting ER story of anyone who post here (and the least interesting political views).

Could be. My politics are "way out there." My own mother calls me a
"radical" and she almost never has a harsh word for anybody.

JG

WhodaThunkit said:
JG -- you have the most interesting ER story of anyone who post here (and the least interesting political views).
Please, stop encouraging him.  He doesn't need it.....  :)

Back
Top Bottom