A new and easier option to donate using your Amazon box

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Others may have known about this, but it is new to me. If you have items to donate, you can pack them in your used Amazon box, and they will be shipped for free to Gooodwill.

[FONT=&quot]Amazon and Goodwill® are working together to make donating easier for you. Using the Give Back Box® platform, a free shipping service, you can donate items you no longer need to Goodwill with ease and bring new life to your empty Amazon box.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Open Your Box: Unpack your merchandise from your Amazon shipping box.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pack Your Box: Fill the box with clothing, accessories and household goods you no longer need and print your free shipping label from GiveBackBox.com.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Send Your Box: Let UPS or the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliver your box of donations to Goodwill for you. [/FONT]

Details here https://www.amazon.com/p/feature/xd...183f9305e72982ee8f07a&camp=1789&creative=9325

I haven't tried it yet, but on this link (here) to print the Amazon label it specifically asks if you need a tax deduction receipt.

Thanks for that! I hadn't heard about this program, but yeah, we do often have stuff we want to donate, and we often have Amazon boxes to get rid of, so here's two birds with one stone.

Sounds like a great idea. But this would spoil all the fun for DH. Donating to Goodwill gets him a 25% discount coupon for his next purchase and he likes to drop in weekly.

Very nice idea for all the folks who don't want to take the trip to a Goodwill.

For an urban dweller who has given up her car...no Goodwill nearby...and a tiny apartment that constantly needs decluttering...this is the best idea from 2016! I will be taking advantage of this early and often.

Didn't know about this. What a great idea! Thanks!

Went ahead and tried this today. Nice to have options and I can see this come in handy especially for those without a Goodwill close by.

I'll probably end up sticking to the old way though and just haul stuff out to the Goodwill next to where I shop for groceries. For me, I guess which is more overhead, the driving and unload at Goodwill or the sealing of boxes and the extra info of another online account.

Still, nice to have options.

Nice option, I like it. Admittedly, I haven't read the fine print of the details, but will UPS or USPS pick it up from your home or do you have to drop it off? If I have to drop it off, the local Goodwill is a better option (closer and no lines!).

Edit: Well a quick search indicates that they will indeed pick them up at your home. That is pretty awesome.

Back
Top Bottom