Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-20-2018, 11:17 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWras View Post
In the textbooks. Not the real world. At least not my world.
+1

Many organizations see their agile efforts turn into "the cowboy coding circus". I've seen it happen many times. Megacorp had to redefine what agile meant many times.

I've seen agile done long before there was a manifesto. It can work with the right controls.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2018, 05:41 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

Relevant, and funny. And (only slightly unfairly) surprisingly accurate: [IMG]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1600/0*hOvj1JB3cVwurcls.png[/IMG]

hmm, not sure why the image link doesn't work.
Clearly need to turn the website off and back on again.
Retch The Grate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:04 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
You can add cars to your list too. My latest 2018 has all sorts of new electronic "things". They all work 99.9% of the time. When something goes haywire (about one a month) I just pull over somewhere and stop and restart the car. Works every time, so far. Scary when you think about what could happen when it happens to certain electronic features in a car.

Yeah scary. I remember in the 80s when cars were going electronic and Bill Gates (or someone of his profile) suggested cars should be made more like computers. The joke was you couldn’t just cycle the ignition, all the occupants had to get out, close the doors and get back in. My newish car is pretty good so far.