A video that is truly out of this world

Pictures were cool but turing up the sound for the sounds gave me a headache.

I like the new perspective on the aurora borealis.

Mesmerizing. I assume that the speed is not real time and that the little white flashes are thunderstorms? I couldn't recognize any land masses, but it is a fascinating vid.

I assume that the speed is not real time and that the little white flashes are thunderstorms?

No, it isn't real time and yes, the flashes are lightning. If you read some of the comments you'll see a lot of requests to slow down the video, but I suspect since it is time lapse photography slowing it down would make it appear jerky.

I couldn't recognize any land masses, but it is a fascinating vid.
It is difficult to figure out where on earth each sequence was taken. There is a list of each of the areas on the first page of the website, but that didn't help me much.

It is difficult to figure out where on earth each sequence was taken. There is a list of each of the areas on the first page of the website, but that didn't help me much.

This is what I came up with:

Last edited:
This is a great video by the way. Thanks for posting it.

REW, thanks for posting that great video.

FD, thanks for the geography assists.

The Nile is really cool. Rome looks like it is burning (still). Puerto Rico and DR look lonely. Finally, I don't see any light coming from DC. Must be full of dim bulbs...

What a beautiful, dream-like rendition of this photography. Thanks, REWahoo.

No, it isn't real time and yes, the flashes are lightning. If you read some of the comments you'll see a lot of requests to slow down the video, but I suspect since it is time lapse photography slowing it down would make it appear jerky.

Yes, it was pretty obvious that it was massaged [-]all to h[/-] pretty severely, but I think that these alterations and improvements upon reality are what made it so much fun to watch. Reality is so (ewww!) real, and slow.

Thanks, that was awesome. I really enjoyed trying to identify which countries I was seeing. A few times toward the end of the video I saw a light snaking through an area. I think that was the Great Wall. Anyone else see that or able to confirm?

Thanks, that was awesome. I really enjoyed trying to identify which countries I was seeing. A few times toward the end of the video I saw a light snaking through an area. I think that was the Great Wall. Anyone else see that or able to confirm?

I too thought it was the Great Wall of China at first, but the legend says it's somewhere in the middle east.

That was a great video from the space station but I couldn't follow it at that speed. The follow up posts helped a lot. Wish there was a way on your computer to vary the speed of things like this. I also remember a couple years ago there was a post that showed numerous still shots of the world from the ISS. The night pics indicated those areas of undeveloped countries and heavily populated countries. That was good as well.

You won't find my home. I live in one of the Dark Sky areas of N.A.

Back
Top Bottom