AARP/AT&T - save some bucks

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
The gal spotted this and we put it into service yesterday. AARP members ($15/yr membership) save 10% on AT&T wireless charges. Allegedly you can sign up online, but save the headache and go in to an AT&T company store with your AARP card and sign up there - I spent way too long on line in fruitless loops and chatting with service reps who sent me back around the same loops. In store took about 5 minutes - though we were lucky to be helped instantly.

AARP Discounts | Unbeatable Deals and Overwhelming Offers from Exclusive Merchants - AARPdiscounts.com

We were being charged about $105/month for a 3 phone plan, so looking forward to $10/month savings.

AT&T also has deals with a lot of major companies for employee discounts. Even being retired 4 years, I still get my old employer discount.

AT&T also has deals with a lot of major companies for employee discounts. Even being retired 4 years, I still get my old employer discount.

Good to know because I just retired and was wondering if anyone would notice I have my old employer discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Try Cricket wireless and save even more. Cricket is an AT&T subsidiary. We have two lines for our smartphones, with more data than we can ever use, for $70 month. You get to use the AT&T wireless network.

Try Cricket wireless and save even more. Cricket is an AT&T subsidiary. We have two lines for our smartphones, with more data than we can ever use, for $70 month. You get to use the AT&T wireless network.

Or look into airvoicewireless, a MVNO that uses the AT&T network.

DW and I pay $10/month each for 30 days of service and up to 250 minutes of voice (4 cents/minute)/500 texts (2 cents/text)/1.5GB of data (6 cents/kb). Unused money rolls over to future month.

$20/month for two cellphones that meet our modest needs is a deal IMO.

https://www.airvoicewireless.com/PlansC.aspx

The gal spotted this and we put it into service yesterday. AARP members ($15/yr membership) save 10% on AT&T wireless charges. . In store took about 5 minutes - though we were lucky to be helped instantly.

Unfortunately I tried this a few months ago in store. The girl was very nice, took SOME information down and said I was all set but seemed unsure on how to process it.

Had a sneaky feeling that I wasn't "all set" as I left...been about 4 months now and still waiting for the discount.

I might go back and try again......

Look at Consumer Cellular. On the ATT network and get just the plan you need. My SO qualify's for a 40% retiree discount at ATT and CC was a better deal.Find a member to refer you and both get $10 off 1st month. My daughter in law was paying 63 month to ATT, we put her on with our 2 phones and all 3 are just under what her 1 phone was. For us it was cheaper than Cricket, which we almost went with.
Also, AARP gets 5% off CC.

Back
Top Bottom