Aereo TV

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Has anybody used Aereo to get their over the air TV service? What did you think of it? It sounds like a great idea for those who want just ordinary broadcast TV, but can't get a good picture over the air and don't use cable TV service.

https://aereo.com/about

Aren't there already ways to watch live TV broadcasts online... for free?

Yeah....but it's not quite the same. There is nothing like the sittin' on the couch flickin' through the channels.....and still finding nothin' on. With online...you actually have to "hunt" for what you want. I'm about to kill Comcast this month....either going online, or going to either Directtv or Dish....kind of hard to give up the "flickin" through the channels" addiction.

I don't think the political environment will allow such a clear disruption to an established business model, especially since it would be easy to make an argument that Aereo is violating copyrights. So if you do go down this path, just enjoy the ride as far as it goes, and don't get too invested in having the service so you're not too disappointed when its gone.

Not in either of our service areas, which struggle for any over the air service, and did anyone see prices?

Did just spring for an amplified Mohu Leaf antenna, which manages to get a few stations at the less shielded spot, so now we have a Hispanic channel, gardening with fungus, lawn bowling across New Amsterdam, and clogging with Clem. Just wanted some local area news... The Mohu does work, but is remarkably location sensitive.

The Roku 3 we bought at the same time was worth the upgrade from our Roku HD - way faster response time and no more line of sight needed by the remote. worth the money.

Paid for both items with the signup bonus on a credit card - beats the heck out of a free toaster!

Not in our area either, but anything that squeezes the cable company can't be a bad thing.

Not in our area either, but anything that squeezes the cable company can't be a bad thing.
It seems to be squeezing the broadcast stations too...they're the ones sueing Aereo. But Arereo claims to be in the antenna rental business, as each subcriber has thier own antenna in the Aereo warehouse, hehe. I have never paid a $1 to a cable company for TV (but now pop back and forth from TWC to AT&T for ISP); I've been OTA digital since we had the digital cutover. I spent some money on my "head end system" (antennas, amplifiers, IP based digital tuners, etc), but it was a one time thing, and the technology has been reliable. Kick cable to the curb: AntennaWeb - Home

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom