Affected Vehicle List for Takata Airbag Shrapnel

Telly

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This has been in the news, but never saw a list of affected vehicles. The stories just threw out names like Honda, BWM, Toyota, Chrysler, etc. but no details. Today on TV they said the gov. website for recall info was down, "best to check your auto manufacturers website". Uh, sure.

Ever the good source for all things vehicular, the Detroit News has a complete list of Make, Model, and Years affected.

Those not in tune with the problem, Takata, a Japanese maker of airbag systems seems to have had a chemical problem that has been going on for years. They have made many millions of airbags, that have an igniter that can destruct when triggered, throwing metal shrapnel through the occupant. Deaths have been attributed to it, one in OK in a HS parking lot, low speed.

NHTSA expands air bag alert to 7.8M vehicles

Thanks for the post. I had checked all my vehicles and DS since he lives at home but had forgot DD's. Her 2005 Saab 9-2 is on the list. Given that Saab is no longer, I suspect she takes it to a GM dealer. My Mom's Honda CRV (that we are borrowing for a few days later this week) is also on the list. Yuk.

My Mom's Honda CRV (that we are borrowing for a few days later this week) is also on the list. Yuk.

I think we have 3 cars on the list. :facepalm:

Will Mom understand when you show up wearing your hockey gear? :)

Thanks for the link. We have a CRV and a Civic, I just ran the V.I.N on a Honda Recall website. Both showed no recalls listed. May follow up with a dealer tomorrow.

Between wife & I, and our 3 kids, only one, my son's car (2003 Corolla) is on the list. I'll tell him tomorrow so he can call & schedule it in at the dealer.

fwiw, my old 04 Honda Pilot is on the list. I hit a guard rail head on this winter (slowly) and the airbag deployed, and didn't leave a scratch on me. I would definitely get mine fixed right away if I still had it, but it's not always going to go bad. Not worth finding out the hard way though.

Thanks for the link. Our 3 cars are not on the list. Kids car is close.

Have you all checked your credit report this year? How many times?

Thanks for posting. It looks like our Popemobile (2005 Focus) is not on the list (yet).

A.

Just an update on our experience. I put in our Toyata VIN and it is OK. Put in the Honda CRV and it was possibly on the recall list.

Called the local Honda dealer and gave them our VIN. They said both driver + passenger sides are affected. So made an appointment for next week to have fixes installed.

Thanks for posting. Glad to see none of mine are on the list.

My wife's Honda is on the list, the dealer is getting the part for the driver's airbag but said that the part for passenger's side is not available and we would have to wait for a notice from Honda directly. Both sides are on the recall list.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Thanks for the information. I followed Lsbcal's link and it looks like my honda has a recall on the driver side (does not mention passenger side at all).

Back
Top Bottom