Again how is this business does it better.

So what else is new? Airline pilots have fallen asleep at the controls. Once it's on course and "George" is flying there's not much to hold one's attention.

I hear those nuke plants have all kinds of redundancies anyway

I hear those nuke plants have all kinds of redundancies anyway

That is just the thing the nuke plants are secured by PRIVATE companies. Again sleeping at the switch. It happened on 9/11 we were caught with our pants down, it would su(k if there was an attack on a nuke plant while these guys were well not at there best no?

That is just the thing the nuke plants are secured by PRIVATE companies. Again sleeping at the switch. It happened on 9/11 we were caught with our pants down, it would su(k if there was an attack on a nuke plant while these guys were well not at there best no?

But ALL of the fault of 9/11 can be laid at the feet of the government....

So you want us to have government run the nuke plants AND the airlines:confused:?

As someone else said... YOU need to go to Venezuela... they seem to be taking everything over... just your kind of place...

But ALL of the fault of 9/11 can be laid at the feet of the government....

So you want us to have government run the nuke plants AND the airlines:confused:?

As someone else said... YOU need to go to Venezuela... they seem to be taking everything over... just your kind of place...

No the fools who allowed the guys onto the planes with box cutters were private security people who were running the checkpoints at Boston Logan and Newark airports, some of my nice students at the time had graduated high school and got jobs manning the security checkpoints on 9/11. My one nice student Voncelle, would alway enjoy seeing her teacher go and get on a plane at newark while she was working. sweet kid but they were paid just above minimum wage on 9/11. WE GOT WHAT WE PAID FOR!
September 11, 2001

[edit] Security company

Airport security for the two flights out of Newark and Washington Dulles had been provided by Argenbright Holdings Ltd, a company which had pleaded guilty to federal fraud charges in May 2000 because they had hired 1,300 untrained security guards, including several dozens with criminal records, at Philadelphia International Airport.[1] The company, which was on probation at the time of the attack, had its probation extended to October 2005.[2][3]

[edit] Box-cutter knives

Let's see.... it was not illegal to get onto a plane with a box cutter...

The security people (who I would admit were not great... but still are not) let a few people on with box cutters...

How is that their fault?

From the history of this disaster, there were many signs in place that the government knew about but did nothing... and IF we had the government running the system AT THE TIME.... nothing would have been different... the security people would have let someone with a box cutter on board..

So, I still do not get your point... say it flat out... what do you mean.

Let's see.... it was not illegal to get onto a plane with a box cutter...

The security people (who I would admit were not great... but still are not) let a few people on with box cutters...

How is that their fault?

From the history of this disaster, there were many signs in place that the government knew about but did nothing... and IF we had the government running the system AT THE TIME.... nothing would have been different... the security people would have let someone with a box cutter on board..

So, I still do not get your point... say it flat out... what do you mean.

When I hear how big business does everything better I want to barf. look I am no big fan of the govmint, heck both parties stink, however the govmint has a resposibility to its people to provide services such as security, water electricity sewers etc. Telling me that GM or An Insurance company has my interests at heart is well BS.

When I hear how big business does everything better I want to barf. look I am no big fan of the govmint, heck both parties stink, however the govmint has a resposibility to its people to provide services such as security, water electricity sewers etc. Telling me that GM or An Insurance company has my interests at heart is well BS.

Who said that they have your interests at heart... they don't.... nor does government...

The benefit of 'big business' as you say is that it is YOUR choice to decide who you want to spend your dollars on, not someone telling you where it will be spent...

So, you do not like GM, then buy Toyota, or Honda or Ford or Mazda or.....

Or you could be like the old Soviet Union and have ONE choice of car... that did not work...

And if you do not like AA, then use Continental or United or SW or....

Business gives YOU choices... and their motivation to do 'good' is to have you come back and spend more money so they make MORE profit...

I just spent many hours in line to transfer a title to a car... was there once... in line an hour... got to the front and they tell me 'you need this other form' (because of death of previous owner).... I ask "Is this all I need"... YES... "can I skip the line next time?" NO...

Go get the document filled out, signed, notarized and stand in line for 1 1/2 hours... get to the front and... YOU NEED THIS OTHER FORM... WTF... I had asked what else I needed LAST time and was told only this ONE thing... to bad.... we can not help... You HAVE to have this form filled out and signed by the seller.... 'what about this LINE'.... we can not help you... well, after 10 minutes of making a fuss... the manager signed a paper saying I did not have to wait.... ONLY BECAUSE I HAD BEEN THERE TWICE...

SO, government does it better:confused:??

And besides 'big business', the only other option is 'government'..... choose one...

Back
Top Bottom