Aggravating Companies

Any medical insurance company, but Cigna seems to be the best at delaying payment. Last year I got 8, yes 8 different reasons, from 8 different agents, why they didn't pay for the bloodwork covered in my annual physical. I finally had to use the company omdbudsman to get it resolved.

Comcast. Negotiated a contract for my association. Sent a copy to them with notarized sig, date, by cert mail. Six weeks later I received A contract back. With different dates, my notary page removed, and a notarized copy of my signature - the notary was the comcast rep; they just swapped my signatiure page into a new contract. Negotiations with the firm is still ongoing. I can document and prove the issues, and there will either be some significant compensation in a new contract, or I'm going to crucify the firm as publically as possible with documentation.

+1

I just don't understand this in this day. I've gone to order tickets for something, and then you get linked to the Ticketmaster site, and they want some ridiculous 'convenience fee' like $8 per ticket (not per order). They even charge if you want to print your own tickets rather than have them snail-mailed.

Why don't these places have their own ticket sales? Why give up $8/ticket to some middle man? With the internet capability these days, it can't be that hard to set up a ticket 'store'. Plenty of small mom an' pop places do their own sales, why not a concert venue, or museum?

-ERD50

What really gets me is going to the venue to purchase tickets directly and you are still charged a service fee because the operation is subcontracted out to Ticketmaster. Actually, I'm not charged because I turn around and walk away without buy a ticket.

Had to bite the bullet and pay service fees on Reds tickets when DH went up to visit 2 weeks ago. It was the last home game and 3 people were attending so he could not take the chance of finding tickets when he arrived at Great American. The only reason I paid the fees was because the tickets were half price for 60 and over. Saved $22 (or so) on each ticket and paid back about $8 per ticket in Ticketmaster fees.

(Closing the last BofA account was an event chock full of hilarity. After the account was emptied out and closed by the branch officer, at the next monthly cycle a penny or two of interest was credited to the account. The branch officer claimed this reopened it. Naturally, with a balance of $0.02, the account didn't meet the criteria for free checking, so a $10 fee was charged. This triggered their automatic overdraft protection, opening a $300 line of credit to which $9.98 was charged. I spotted this online, where I also had a credit card that kept the online banking access live. Print the page, head back to the branch, and engage in debate with the branch manager. The account was really closed this time, charges reversed, and I went home with two shiny pennies for my trouble. Joy!)

When I closed my accounts with BofA last year to move to the greener pastures of my local credit union, my monthly cycle of interest was $.01. It took them (no lie) 30 minutes to properly get this into the computer as a final withdrawal. I patiently waited, because I feared that something might happen like you described... and I wanted nothing to do with it.

I really should have took my penny and threw it in the garbage in front of the branch manager.

I will not go quietly! Problem is, most companies don't really seem to care...

Mine is Sears. I used to always shop at Sears. However, I will not go there ever again. I bought a Consumer Reports recommended Kenmore dishwasher and the motor and pump went out within 2 years, so it cost nearly as much to just buy a new one. I went back to complain and they convinced me that this was their most reliable dishwasher. They said I must have had a bad one, but of course, they couldn't help me, because it was out of warranty. So I bought another one and two years later, the same thing happened. We got our next one elsewhere.
Then the front load Kenmore washer I bought 2.5 years ago, now has a bad bearing. You can't fix it for less than $500 and most likely $700 once they take it apart.You have to buy this whole section to replace it, not just the bearing. To repair one of the front loaders is a huge project that costs at least $350 in labor. The machine cost $800 and didn't do a good job cleaning whites, so my husband and I are going to find a rebuilt used one that is the old style - the type that can last 20 years.

THEN, we had bought new tires for my dad's car in 2010, just before he passed away. So I got his car and have driven 8000 miles. Three of the tires were separating! We argued over the fact that it had to be a defect, and so they gave us a VERY small discount on new tires, but that is my last purchase with Sears.

None of the folks we talked to cared the least bit that we had this kind of luck. You could just see them in their minds saying "Whatever!"

Then the front load Kenmore washer I bought 2.5 years ago, now has a bad bearing. You can't fix it for less than $500 and most likely $700 once they take it apart.You have to buy this whole section to replace it, not just the bearing. To repair one of the front loaders is a huge project that costs at least $350 in labor.
Ally, the same thing happened to us. If you haven't thrown the machine away, there's a way you can get back a bit of the value you are about to lose: Buy the extended warranty right now. See my previous post here.

1) whoever "Rachel of Card Services" works for

2) Ticketmaster

3) Verizon

Back
Top Bottom