Air Fryer Recalled

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My air fryer got recalled.

I got an email from Amazon. See that the fryer is no longer sold.

I filled out the not too friendly online form to get a free safe replacement.

Users with certain models of Cosori-brand air fryers should immediately put any plans to make crispy chicken wings or that infamous air fryer cheesecake on hold. On Thursday, the Consumer Product Safety Commission issued a recall for around 2 million air fryer models made by Cosori, saying these devices are liable to get way too hot. This has led to reports of overheating, melting, or some devices catching fire.

https://gizmodo.com/cosori-air-fryer-air-fryer-recall-1850150303

Reading the recall notice, they indicated reported issues with 205 units...out of about 2.5 million sold. Granted, any device potentially catching on fire is a problem. But, less than 1 in 1000 having an issue doesn't seem too bad. Of course there may be more where folks did not report the problem and simply threw theirs away.

We love our Cosori and use it at least once a day. I quickly submitted my info and took the replacement/fixed air fryer...which they say is stocked and ready to ship.

After a thorough investigation, we determined that in extremely rare circumstances, the closed-end crimp connectors within the recalled air fryers – which are responsible for establishing electrical connections between certain wires – can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.

Incidents/Injuries:
The firm has received 205 reports of the air fryers catching fire, burning, melting, overheating and smoking. These include 10 reports of minor, superficial burn injuries and 23 reports of minor property damage.

Reading the recall notice, they indicated reported issues with 205 units...out of about 2.5 million sold. Granted, any device potentially catching on fire is a problem. But, less than 1 in 1000 having an issue doesn't seem too bad. Of course there may be more where folks did not report the problem and simply threw theirs away.

We love our Cosori and use it at least once a day. I quickly submitted my info and took the replacement/fixed air fryer...which they say is stocked and ready to ship.

My thinking is similar to yours. Chances are very slim of having issues. But for peace of mind, I went ahead and submitted my info to get a replacement. I did enter a wrong purchase date by mistake. A day earlier. No way to edit. Hope that won't delay things.

If I took the chance, in the back of my mind I'd be thinking, what if that one time something happpens and it malfunctions. At least now better safe than sorry.

I love my Cosori too and was tough cutting the cord with scissors for the photos as a proof requirement for the replacement.​

I did enter a wrong purchase date by mistake. A day earlier. No way to edit. Hope that won't delay things.

I think that is a bug in their system - same happened with me. I was sure I entered the right date, but then going back and reviewing the status it displays as a day earlier.

I think that is a bug in their system - same happened with me. I was sure I entered the right date, but then going back and reviewing the status it displays as a day earlier.

Thanks. Good to know. I thought I entered the correct date but these days don't trust my memory.

I bug makes sense. Maybe their system assumes the purchase date can't be the same as date entered as back in the old days was unheard of so quick shipping. But I bought this off Amazon with same dates.

DH noticed the recall last night. I was happy to love and find out that my Cosori is not one of the one's recalled. We only got it a few months ago and have really loved using it.

Got an email saying my recall registration has been approved :cool:.

According to email, new air fryer (hopefully same color, as I have a white one) should arrive in 2-3 weeks.

The countdown is on until I can make air fryer bacon again :popcorn:.

I would be pretty pissed off if they denied the claim...after cutting the cord for them...when it's working perfectly fine.

I would be pretty pissed off if they denied the claim...after cutting the cord for them...when it's working perfectly fine.

Yes, kinda makes one tempted to roll the dice and ignore the recall.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cut to cord requirement is a liability thing for Cosori to say to the best of their knowledge, the consumers stopped using their old machines.

But I decided to be safe than sorry. Fingers crossed that I get the same color (white) instead of the default black.

Yay - I just received confirmation mine was approved.

Received shipping confirmation a few hours ago.

Still waiting on my shipping confirmation.

I felt the same way, fortunately we got approved. It will take way too long to get the replacement - up to 8 weeks [emoji42]

Received shipping confirmation a few hours ago.

Still no shipping confirmation for me.

All I got was the approval email then one with titled "Please verify your address". But this one didn't have anywhere to verify with action on my part so I think just for my info.

All I got was the approval email then one with titled "Please verify your address". But this one didn't have anywhere to verify with action on my part so I think just for my info.

I received that one too, 5 days before the one with the shipping confirmation and tracking number.

I just checked mine. UPS says it should be delivered by Wednesday evening.

Attachments

• af.jpg
    af.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I received that one too, 5 days before the one with the shipping confirmation and tracking number.

I just checked mine. UPS says it should be delivered by Wednesday evening.

Thanks.

Is the one you are replacing black? Or was it a different color?

The one I'm replacing is white and perhaps that's why it's taking longer. Just a Theory.

Thanks.

Is the one you are replacing black? Or was it a different color?

The one I'm replacing is white and perhaps that's why it's taking longer. Just a Theory.

Yes, I'm sure that's it. We had black, the new one is black...they indicated the most inventory for it, so that's what I took.

Yes, I'm sure that's it. We had black, the new one is black...they indicated the most inventory for it, so that's what I took.

Good. My theory is still alive then :).

I'm happy to wait for a while one as that's the color I really want. I've waited this long, can wait a few more weeks.

You had to cut the cord, right? Now I have no air fryer I can use... I'm kimd of tempted to buy a new one elsewhere as it seems to take a long time to get the replacement...

You had to cut the cord, right? Now I have no air fryer I can use... I'm kimd of tempted to buy a new one elsewhere as it seems to take a long time to get the replacement...

Yes, as a requirement had to get the cord and take pictures and show fryer with cut cord during the application process.

No air fryer for me going on a couple of weeks or so. I've been eating more greasy but still tasty bacon cooked using cast iron in the meantime.

Still waiting on any update on replacement air fryer :(.

How long have you been waiting so far? My recall registration was approved on March 7 and no words since then, so its been 2 weeks...

Last edited:
How long have you been waiting so far? My recall registration was approved on March 7 and no words since then, so its been 2 weeks...

My registration was approved 3/1. Email saying please verify address email (with no place to verify so I assume was just a visual inspection required).

I did select a white color fryer in my registration so maybe that's why taking longer. Their email said may take 8+ :( weeks . Been about 4 weeks for me thus far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom