Amazon is buying Whole Foods!!!

Yes, waiting on the Prime Member perks to see how well WFM then compares to Trader Joe's and the homegrown version: Puget Consumer Coop (PCC Natural Markets).

Rita

Watched a story of Amazon's purchase of Whole Foods on the morning news with only a passing interest (I rarely go to Whole Foods currently) until a mention that Amazon may make Whole Foods one of the Amazon Locker locations to pick up deliveries. Well, that sounds like a really good idea for when I can't wait for the UPS or Amazon delivery person :D.

Gonna stop by a Whole Foods tomorrow to see how much an avocado goes for. To see if Amazon's Whole Foods is worth the hype. Mr. Avocado will tell :cool:.

Gonna stop by a Whole Foods tomorrow to see how much an avocado goes for. To see if Amazon's Whole Foods is worth the hype. Mr. Avocado will tell :cool:.

Just an aside: Their 365 generic brand stuff is pretty good and already priced well - the rest , well it can use some price cuts [emoji849]

This might be a negative for the brand new and highly acclaimed WF store near us as it has the reputation of being the store the "well to do" folks shop at as they can show off their BMW, MB. Bentley, etc while they pay up for the goods. If Amazon turns this into a discounter, I doubt if the existing clientele will still shop there.

Same in our area. It's one of the snobbiest places you can go.
But you gotta buy your food somewhere!

I buy avocados when they have them at a discount grocery store $2 for a bag of around 8. We live near a WF but the only thing I have ever bought there is a natural ingredient cough syrup that is hard to find elsewhere.

I buy avocados when they have them at a discount grocery store $2 for a bag of around 8. We live near a WF but the only thing I have ever bought there is a natural ingredient cough syrup that is hard to find elsewhere.

Heading out to WF right now. Price of avocados when last purchased at a grocery store within walking distance next to me was about $2. At Aldi (driving distance) was about $1. So, if price of WF (in walking distance) is between $1-$2, I can live with that :).

I stopped by yesterday to pick up a few things for DW. Some fresh fruit and vegetables prices were much lower. For example, WFM is always the high price for lemons and limes, but they were 1/3 less than the local Jewel.

A lot of this is marketing, as these prices generate lots of media coverage but don't hit the bottom line very hard. Let's see how long it takes for meat and fish prices to fall.

I wonder if the "Beverly Hill Mansion-Raised" chicken breasts will fetch a lower price at WF once Amazon re-prices stuff?:D

Just got back from WF. Price of avocado was $1.49 for the regular non-organic. I bought 4. Not as cheap as Aldi but good quality avocados. Also got some bananas at .49 lb. Other stuff way too expense and odd for me. But a pizza that wasn't salt filled looked pretty good too at $10. But I didn't buy the pizza.

Think I found myself a new avocado store when the craving hits :).

WF's price reductions have put pressure on other chains. I went to Safeway today and they had a flier taped on the doors & at checkout counter announcing lower prices on eggs, butter, apples, etc... clearly a reaction to WF.

I'm waiting for [-]Amazon[/-] Whole Foods to cut the price of Venezuelan Beaver Cheese. Thankfully, I dumped the futures a few months back. :D

Back
Top Bottom