Amazon Photo of Delivery

They take photos all the time for our deliveries. There have been a number of thefts in the neighborhood so the photo at least proves the package was dropped off at the correct location.

One time they hid the package behind my garden hose. If it weren't for the picture I never would have thought to look there. It's a little creepy, but I think overall it's for the better to have proof of delivery.

Last week my neighbor (a mile down the road) had a FedEx delivery on the 20th. He didn't know it was supposed to be delivered yet. On the 24th he looked up the tracking code and found that it had been delivered on the 20th. After a lot of looking, he called FedEx and they said it had been delivered. He later called them again and they said "the driver couldn't find his package on the truck." It was at the warehouse and would be delivered. This was on the 25th. It is really dark (about 7:30) when the deliveries happen out here. I guess it was too dark and too late for and extra 20 minutes to come out to our area.

People on Nextdoor are always searching for packages in our neighborhood. Too many similar house numbers.

I have a Ring video doorbell. The first week I had it, I caught a "delivery" that consisted of them chucking the item about 15 ft onto the doorstep. Ring actually has a "best of" of these kinds of deliveries on their website.

BTW, that item actually broke. Amazon took care of it no problem. They didn't ask for the video.

The Amazon contractors are a problem. We live in a secured condo building. USPS, UPS and FedEx can get in, but these contractors cannot unless someone lets them in. Also they tend to just drop boxes in the lobby or mailroom, while UPS & FedEx take it to the individual front door. We've had some deliveries disappear or not come on time due to Amazon's use of third party contractors.

I swapped my dumb phone for a Samsung 8 on Black Friday..went on my DD and SIL phone plan, they're only going to charge me 20 bucks a month the line access fee.

USPS put the phone on their front step Sunday morning, didn't even ring the doorbell...
Not needed at my house. Have a furry "doorbell" whose full time hobby is looking out the front window. She "loves" UPS deliveries.

I had a package delivered and doorbell rung. I brought the package inside. A moment later the doorbell rang again. The Amazon guy had forgotten to take a photo and asked me if he could take a photo to show my package was delivered.
:LOL::LOL:

The photo would also provide the GPS coordinates of the delivery location. If they misdeliver a package it would be easy to find.

I saw a news story this AM about the rash of package thefts this time of year (not sure if the rate is any higher, but it's a "must" report kind of story this time of year) and it was one more reason to enjoy retirement...my furry doorbell alerts me immediately when someone has delivered something, so no need for it to sit outside until I get home from w*rk! :)

Back
Top Bottom