Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-30-2018, 04:26 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I am a Prime member also. I completely forgot about Kohl’s. I was there yesterday and that are excellent accepting returns. They did not come up as an option when I reviewed the return process on Amazon.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2018, 04:37 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

The nice thing about returning stuff at Kohl’s is you don’t even need to package it up in a shipping container. Just drop the item off unboxed and they will bulk ship it back, and issue you a receipt for your records.
Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 04:54 PM   #23

Well... I'll admit to clicking the 'back' button and changing the reason once or twice, after the real reason generated a return shipping fee. We do about $500/mo with Amazon and we've kept a lot of products that could/should have been returned. So there... rationalization.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:03 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

There are some Amazon items such as clothing that advertise free returns. Otherwise, with the exception of defective or incorrect item, you are usually charged for return shipping. $5 or $6 maybe.

Never occurred to me to change the reason to get a free return.....
Old 12-30-2018, 08:18 PM   #25
Gone but not forgotten

Twice I tried to return items to Amazon and they told me just to keep the item .The first item was inexpensive wine glasses and the second item was a fairly expensive toy I bought for my grandsons.
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:45 PM   #26

I seem to recall being asked to pay for UPS shipping back on one purchase, but if I elected to ship it USPS they offered to pay for it. I’m not sure if that’s always an option or not.
Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:17 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Twice I tried to return items to Amazon and they told me just to keep the item .The first item was inexpensive wine glasses and the second item was a fairly expensive toy I bought for my grandsons.
I just ordered a thin phone case for my phone as it's so slippery.
I suppose I should have phoned or something as there was no suggestion that I simply toss out the too large phone case instead of returning it.
I do feel returning it is a waste, since it cost $8 with free shipping and now they will pay to ship it back.
The stupid thing is too big, it was falsely sold as fitting my phone. So it will probably be re-sold to someone else as well.

I've ordered a different case from different brand, so hope this fits.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:42 AM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset View Post
I just ordered a thin phone case for my phone as it's so slippery.
I suppose I should have phoned or something as there was no suggestion that I simply toss out the too large phone case instead of returning it.
I do feel returning it is a waste, since it cost $8 with free shipping and now they will pay to ship it back.
The stupid thing is too big, it was falsely sold as fitting my phone. So it will probably be re-sold to someone else as well.

I've ordered a different case from different brand, so hope this fits.
It qualifies as “product not as described” which usually means a free return. At least if sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:15 AM   #29
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imoldernu View Post
Kohl's takes Amazon returns.
I also heard (I think late afternoon Friday on Yahoo Finance) that Kohl's takes Amazon returns. YF was talking about potential additional business because more customers were entering the stores because of Amazon returns.
DEC-1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 05:27 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by imoldernu View Post
Kohl's takes Amazon returns.

Not everywhere. It’s not available here where I live, so I consulted the Google. Apparently “return to Kohl’s” was started in 2017 in 86 Kohl’s stores in the LA or Chicago areas.

Hopefully it will expand. I rarely need to make a return to Amazon, but if I did it would be easier to go to Kohl’s than to the post office.
Philliefan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:59 PM   #31
Full time employment: Posting here.

I ordered an inexpensive phone case for my phone....Amazon Prime...free two day shipping. Well, I get notified that shipping will be delayed a couple of days...no big deal to me. Then I get notified that the item was damaged in shipping and my order was canceled and my credit card refunded. I look around locally and can’t find an appropriate case. So after a few days, I end up reordering the case. I get two cases (separate orders, separate shipments) and get charged twice. I contact Amazon about returning one of the cases. Amazon ended up telling me to keep the additional case and refunded my credit card for one of the orders. Very good customer service on their part!
FIYes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 05:27 PM   #32
Give me a forum ...

Thanks for this thread. I realized there is an Amazon locker about 1000 feet from my house. I assume I can return most purchases there, for free. If so, a nice benefit.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote