Amazon Returns

I seem to recall being asked to pay for UPS shipping back on one purchase, but if I elected to ship it USPS they offered to pay for it. I’m not sure if that’s always an option or not.

Twice I tried to return items to Amazon and they told me just to keep the item .The first item was inexpensive wine glasses and the second item was a fairly expensive toy I bought for my grandsons.

I just ordered a thin phone case for my phone as it's so slippery.
I suppose I should have phoned or something as there was no suggestion that I simply toss out the too large phone case instead of returning it.
I do feel returning it is a waste, since it cost $8 with free shipping and now they will pay to ship it back.
The stupid thing is too big, it was falsely sold as fitting my phone. So it will probably be re-sold to someone else as well.

I've ordered a different case from different brand, so hope this fits.

I just ordered a thin phone case for my phone as it's so slippery.
I suppose I should have phoned or something as there was no suggestion that I simply toss out the too large phone case instead of returning it.
I do feel returning it is a waste, since it cost $8 with free shipping and now they will pay to ship it back.
The stupid thing is too big, it was falsely sold as fitting my phone. So it will probably be re-sold to someone else as well.

I've ordered a different case from different brand, so hope this fits.

It qualifies as “product not as described” which usually means a free return. At least if sold or fulfilled by Amazon.

Kohl's takes Amazon returns.

I also heard (I think late afternoon Friday on Yahoo Finance) that Kohl's takes Amazon returns. YF was talking about potential additional business because more customers were entering the stores because of Amazon returns.

Kohl's takes Amazon returns.

Not everywhere. It’s not available here where I live, so I consulted the Google. Apparently “return to Kohl’s” was started in 2017 in 86 Kohl’s stores in the LA or Chicago areas.

Hopefully it will expand. I rarely need to make a return to Amazon, but if I did it would be easier to go to Kohl’s than to the post office.

I ordered an inexpensive phone case for my phone....Amazon Prime...free two day shipping. Well, I get notified that shipping will be delayed a couple of days...no big deal to me. Then I get notified that the item was damaged in shipping and my order was canceled and my credit card refunded. I look around locally and can’t find an appropriate case. So after a few days, I end up reordering the case. I get two cases (separate orders, separate shipments) and get charged twice. I contact Amazon about returning one of the cases. Amazon ended up telling me to keep the additional case and refunded my credit card for one of the orders. Very good customer service on their part!

Thanks for this thread. I realized there is an Amazon locker about 1000 feet from my house. I assume I can return most purchases there, for free. If so, a nice benefit.

Back
Top Bottom